• Register Today It's free!

Lift questions

MuddLover

Reaction score
City, State
Grundy, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I'm getting ready to order a few things for my Explorer from 4WP and have a couple of questions.

I currently am running a 2" TT and Warrior shackles, this leaves my rear sagging a bit so I'm going to install an add-a-leaf. Should I go with a single or double AAL to get it riding even to just a little rear high?

Also my factory shocks are nearly at full extension (less than 1.5" or 2" of travel left) so I'm going to order long travel shocks (Pro-Comp ES-9000) while I'm at it. What length shocks should I order to compensate for the 2" of lift from the TT and estimated 3+" from the AAL and shackles?

I am also going to order my body lift and am a little foggy on my bumper mounts. I know the body lift is the PA853 , my problem is this: Which bumper mounts will be compatable with my 96 XLT? I've tried to sort the umpteen-billion threads on this subject and its just left me more confused, some say that that 883 bumper mounts are a close fit but not exact. Do 883 mounts actually fit or will I need to modify them? If they don't fit exactly then how do they need to be modified or is it easier to just have a machinist fab a mount for me?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Go with the single AAL. Mine was sitting a little low in the rear so I did the single AAL with the shackles and the rear is a little higher than the front.

For the bumper mounts you will have to modify the backs for sure, and possibly the fronts. SOme people don't have to change the fronts, Mine did have to be changed to make rthe brushguard work.

Back