Lifting a '95-01 IFS Article | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting a '95-01 IFS Article

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

trailmaster

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere on this site, but I'm gonna ask anyways. Did they discontinue the trailmaster lift for second gens? Performance Products used to have it, so I bookmarked it. Checked on it one day right when I was thinking about blowing a couple paychecks, and it's gone. Can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know where I can find a trailmaster?

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere on this site, but I'm gonna ask anyways. Did they discontinue the trailmaster lift for second gens? Performance Products used to have it, so I bookmarked it. Checked on it one day right when I was thinking about blowing a couple paychecks, and it's gone. Can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know where I can find a trailmaster?

Trailmaster does not even list it on their website anymore.

so it would be safe to assume that yes, they discontinued it.

i talked to trailmaster and they said that they do not make it one for 95-01 explorers where did u get this from?

i think the reason they dont make it anymore they had problems with it or couldnt make it cheaper than superlift.:usa:

This thread is soooo old. And the Trail Master kit was not made for the Explorer to begin with. If my memory serves me correctly, it was made to fit the Ranger, but could be installed on a 2nd Gen X. But like I mentioned, if my memory serves me correctly, never did they sell the kit as a X kit, only Ranger.

But that was yrs ago, hince thread start date was 2005.

I fit a set of 33's on a 98 sport with only a 3 inch bl and tt. Trimming was needed but not terrible. little metal and fair plastic. but you couldnt tell anything was cut from the outside

that's funny the 03 short sport xlt with only shackles and 1" of tt fit 33's with absolutely no rub unless you stuff the **** out of your backend. then tge simple fix is wheel spacers

Nice...;) Great Info on the Superlift, Exactly what I was looking for. I'm just running a TT at the moment but I keep getting stuck in ruts and bottoming out in soft mud so I need more lift to continue my Explorations. Looks great with 32" MT's What do you have on it now? 7 years later.

I have the Superlift on my rig with a few mods,(coilover conversion,and rear 2 inch shackles) and run a 35x1.5 tire with some trimming.
But when i first put the lift on, i ran a 285 75 16 or 33x11.5 tire, and it worked pretty good with that setup on a 4:10 gear ratio,,
My rig came with a 3:73 axle and the little bump of the 4:10's was just right for them tires,
The lift itself is a fairly easy job, albeit a bit time consuming,just make sure while you have the front end all apart you spend the time putting in the offset camber bolts and washers, as that will allow the alignment shop to line it up better and faster,

95 explorer

ive ben looking alot for a lift for this truck but cant find one. i had a shop offer the add a leaf and leveling kit but im tryin to go like 4-6inches. a bunch of people are saying trail master and superlift but i cant find on either site ive been thinking of ordering the ranger kit and having my mechanic modify as needed. is this a good idea? has it been tried before? my rear bar is not welded in as stated by others in the forums it looks to be all bolts. should i sell this and purchase a better year. please help

Superlift has a kit for 96+. They claim the kit will not work for the 95 due to torsion mounts are welded in if I remember correctly. 96+ they are bolted on. A few on this site have installed the Superlift on 95's. It is a 4" lift suspension lift. If you want more than that you will need to crank your torsion bars, spindle lift if 2wd, and/or Performance Accessories BodyLift. There is literally tons of info on these lifts on this site!

Back