Lightning fuel pump? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lightning fuel pump?

ok, heres the deal. a friend of a friend knows this guy who has a local salvage yard. they got a totaled 2nd gen. Lightning in the other day with under 30k miles on it. i can get the fuel pump for $30. i remember a while back someone had a lightning pump on a supercharged X, but i cant remember who. is this just a complete bolt-in, or will i need to rig some stuff? obviously i will need an aftermarket adjustable pressure regulator. no concern, it wont go in until after the charger is on. eventually, after all my other mods, i will have the lighting pump and a T-rex inline. i need to jump on it quick, cuz there is a line forming out at the yard as we speak. anyone have some flow rates on the stock lightning pump? thanx.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I forget the flow rates, but I'm the one that's running a Lightning pump. The install was a straightforward swap, but you have to drop the tank. I had it done cause I was in school and it cost a few hundred bucks in labor.

the stock Gen one pumps are only 80 glp the newer ones are a lot nice and it is worth a try becuase the pumps are close enuf that it would not be that hard to make it work right.

good. i went and picked it up today, and for $30 i got a deal. that and (later on) a T-rex should handle all of the fuel supply i will ever need. that guy got the lightning yesterday, and let me tell you by noon there wasnt much left other than the frame and the demolished body. one more question, will a 88-93 stang adjustable regulator "bolt on" my X, or will i need to do some mods to get one to work? thanx again.

no it will not fit. you need one off a 94 and newer mustang.

Originally posted by blk mk8
no it will not fit. you need one off a 94 and newer mustang.

didnt 94+ mustangs start using a 4.6l 281ci modular v8 instaed of the older pushrod 5.0l 302ci?

thanks for the info blk mk8. and yes, the 94-95 mustang had the 5.0

Back