• Register Today It's free!

Line Output converter

Implorer

Reaction score
City, State
Sparta,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Alright i've got a 2002 ex and just got it and going to put my subs into it and keep the deck oem. i know if you keep it oem you have to install a line output converter and i haven't picked one up yet but i want to know if i install this it will cut the bass to my speakers and have the lows go to my subs??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Line level converters just convert speaker level to line level.. They don't purposly change what goes where.. What your describing is a cross over...

You could use the line level covnerter to converter speaker level to line level, then put it through a crossover to split it to mains and subwoofer and then use amps from there..

Line level covnerters are getting harder to find (I can't remember where I found mine locally)... But crutchfield still carries it for $20..

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=line+level+converter&i=142SLC4

~Mark

from what i know, a converter will take your high-level output and convert it to line level, but won't separate your audio the way you want, what you'd want is a crossover, either active or passive, to split the signal

Does your car have a factory sub in it now?

If you want a quality LOC I'd go with SoundGate

Back