• Register Today It's free!

Lockout on 3rd row?

KonaExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011, 2019, 2022 LTD
Is there a 3rd row lockout? I have dogs and am just waiting for them to get wrapped in them because of the automatic stow buttons being quite easy to engage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't list one in the manual at all. Only way I see to disable it is to pull the fuse. The fuse for it is under the hood in the power distribution box.

I don't have power 3rd row, so I don't know what kind of access the switch has or how hard it is to push.

Is there a 3rd row lockout? I have dogs and am just waiting for them to get wrapped in them because of the automatic stow buttons being quite easy to engage.

Im sorry, I cant help, im still waiting for mine to arrive, and it isnt a LTD, but do you have a kona blue ? Could you please post some pics ? Thanks :D

I assume you have the powered 3rd row buttons then? That's an interesting situation and since my XLT doesn't have this, I can't help you much beyond speculation. Honestly, I'd read the manual.

Direct link to the 3rd printing of the 2011 Explorer owner's guide

I cant access the link due to "permissions", do you have another link to the owners manual ? thanks a lot.

From the Owner's Manual

The power fold seats work only when the vehicle is in P (Park)
and the tailgate is open.

That should take care of the dog concern.

Thank you PAS1963, I missed that and feel better now.

Razziel24, yes I have the Kona Blue and it is sharp. I'll have to wash it before posting any photos though.

I am waiting on my Kona blue to be built..and getting impatient.

Back