long time reader/poster. first time listing stuff. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

long time reader/poster. first time listing stuff.

ive been reading and posting for a while, but my stocker has finally been updated some, I like to do mods in 3-4 big swoops from here the bolt on motor mods will come next and last will be a crate motor if I ever kill this thing.

1996 xlt 5.0 2wd 170,000 miles almost all original. it was purchased from a traveling salesman with about 100,000miles on it when it was 2 years old. so far its been fairly maintenance free. no real rattles.

mods. nice big scratch in the tail gate. pillow stuffing in hatch abnd side panels, light insurtion of expanding foam in tail gate vents to stop truck rattle noise. 31 10.50 promcomp mt, dick cepek dc1's, auto zone shackles, torsion bar twist, reflex shocks, open element intake, turn down exhaust, power acoustics tv, mp3 & x box intergrated into the factory head unit without an fm modulator., Id Max 12 inch sub, alpine mrv 1507, boston acoustic door speakers up front, billet antenae, billet grille, diamond clear corners and headlights, crystal clear/red tail lights.
2005_0111parts0009.jpg

2005_0111parts0004-1.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the tire/wheel combo. :cool: Looks good.

I likethose wheels - they look a little big...16s?

-Drew

How do you like those tailights? I'm thinking about geting a pair just like that off eBay.

Awsome looking truck!

-john

1st to pics are with torsion bar twist and shackles the third the day I mounted the wheels and tires and its at stock height.

thanks for the compliments the wheels are 15x8. the spoke set up makes them look bigger. its a trick I learned a while back with a wheel that elongates at the spokes or towards the lip it gives alittle bit of an optical illusion.

I like the tail lights ive had them less then a month. find some ambers for the turn signals if you leave white bulbs in there they are brindingly bright and not other driver friendly.

Back