• Register Today It's free!

Longer Pitman Arm

RustENutz

Reaction score
City, State
Coos Bay, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Hey guys, I've been running my SAS Explorer for almost a year now and it's worked out great and I LOVE it! But the turning radius is pretty bad, especially noticable when following my dad's 73' Bronco around with his Cage arms. The thing basically turns like it's on a center pivot! I'm running a stock pitman arm, which doesn't seem to have enough throw to turn my knuckles lock to lock. I've got about an inch of space each way and plenty of tire/spring clearance. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a lllloooonnnnggggeeeerrrr pitman arm that will fit. Don't necessarily want a drop one....but I guess I could move the DL on top of the pitman arm if it does give me that extra length.

Here's a link to my SAS so you can see my setup. Thanks!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206049

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A regular dropped arm will be longer. If you can flip the draglink over, that'd certainly be a way to do it.

I also seem to recall someone stating an early '99 F250/350 Superduty arm is longer and will fit the Explorer/Ranger box, although I don't recall all the details.

Thanks, I found that answer at Rangerstation.com too. So I picked one up and sure enough it worked perfect!

The super duty one. They come in 32 and 36 splines. Mine came off a 02' f-250 2wd. It's about an 1 1/4" longer and about an 1 1/2" less drop than a stock explorer.

Pretty sure it's the 32. I'll check and see what one of mine I have laying around is.

I only saw one listed for the 250 super duty 2wd I'm assuming it is the correct one. They are rellitivly cheep from ford around 30.00.

Back