Los Coyotes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Los Coyotes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it is near warners springs. The the 79 south from temecula when yoou get to wanersprings turn left on camino ignatio rd or something like that ( it is accross the street from a bunch of tennis courts. follow that back about 8 miles and you are there.

Matt

Rockranger cool and thank you for posting directions. I am going to meet up with DB_1 at the macironi grill parking lot in Palm Desert. I would like to be at Los Coyotes by 8 or 9am. Josh S. let me know if you can meet us up there. It would be better for you if so, that way you dont have to drive all the way around the mountian just to meet up with us and caravan up from the palm springs side.

Yah I can meet wherever. I just got back from gettin a new tierod, that was what was bent. I ordered some manual hubs that will be here tomorrow, and I'll get ahold of some limiting straps too. Where should I meet y'all?

BTW, we're gonna hit up some Big Bear action this Saturday too if anybody's interested...

{edit} ahhh, i get it now...so I would meet you guys at Los Coyotes. That's cool. So the road is before that gas station on the 79 right?

I am hoping DB_1 responds to the actual meeting place up there as I have never been there before. I have a hunch while we are moving along in a 3 or more 4wd caravan you will spot us, or we will spot you. Not many people around that area have Explorers lifted with front glass :D I am sure. If all else fails we can just meet at the tennis courts Rockranger was talking about. As for the Big Bear trip, I would join you but have plans for father-in-laws B-day in Elsenor that day.

Well, the usual plan of attack is we meet at Los Coyotes
at 8am at the campground at the second water tower
( it looks more like a round concrete house) and we wait around until about 8:30 in case someone is running late.

There's also a gas station in Warner Springs which could also be a good meeting place since its the only one in town. I would suggest topping of your fuel tank there before you head into Los Coyotes.

If anyone has a better plan, be my guest and let us know, i'm just going by how we met up before.

Oh...one more thing, bring cash to get into the reservation, i seriously doubt they take any other form of payment. The little shack you come to is real primitive and i dont think theres an ATM in there...lol.

For those with CB's...any channel preference?

Meeting place: I'm thinkin it would be a good idea to meet up at the gas station (or tennis courts). I'm talking about the gas station right past that dried up golf course ya know?:p I think its a Texaco. Its up to you guys though since some of you have been there before. Whateva

CB Channel- I usually cruise on ch.33 (SWR real low on this one...1-1.5)

How long do you think it would take me to get from 22/55 int. to warner springs? Haven't been there in a while.

Originally posted by Josh S.

{edit} ahhh, i get it now...so I would meet you guys at Los Coyotes. That's cool. So the road is before that gas station on the 79 right?

from temmecula towards warner springs it is about 200 feet past the gas station in warner springs and will be a left hand turn.

Matt

Sounds Fun!!!

Okay, I wanna join you on this run. It's been a while since I got out on the trail. (Last Fall to be exact)

I just found this thread and it sounds like fun and it is sorta close to home. It's about 1.5 hours from where I live in San Diego.

The only hitch might be that my X is pretty much stock except for 2" shackle & TT lift and the 31" BFGs. Josh, you've seen my ride up at Joshua Tree. Do you think it will handle this run? If so then count me in. :)

The X is a 1997 4x4 SOHC 4 Liter. I've got a CB with a new roof mount and want to see how it works.

The run is on the 19th, correct?

-Mark Meenahan

Whats up guys

I'm heading to Los Cyotes on saturday. I love that place. Their are some crazy trails. Hopefully I'll see some Explorers there.

Hey Mark, long time no see! Well, I've never been to the place, but from looking at the pictures off the site, it seems like it could be pretty intense at times. I would think that there are plenty of different difficulty leveled trails out there, but then again, I don't know what I'm talking about.:D I'm sure the other guys could steer ya in the right direction.;)

If worst comes to worst, you could always ride along in another rig!:)

For the meeting place we will use the camp ground like DB_1 stated. As for cb channels we will be running, I have problems running the upper channels atm. I am looking for a new anntena system to run that should solve that problem. Untill I this problem resolved let just assume we will run ch 23. I will post the offical channel by the 17th.

I have also never been here, but have read up on it in the past trip reports on the main page. There are a few good write ups on this area in that section w/pictures. In a few of the pictures there are stock explorers running the trails. So, you should have no problem with a tt/shackle and 31's.

I need to know as soon as you can who is going. If your not sure let me know buy the 18th. Please post here, email, or pm me. This will give me accountablity for those that may be running a little late.

Don't forget your sparetire and trail lunch. At the end of the day I was thinking we could all head to Idywild for diner or some other place close. Let me know what you think of an after run diner.

I'm in dude! That channel is cool, meeting place blah blah blah. My truck will be ready by then. I have a Cal4wheel meeting to go to in Running Springs on Saturday, but **** I'd rather go wheeling, so that's what I'm gonna do.

An after-run dinner sounds nice too!

Hey Mark...nice to see you again, as far as the trails go they range from mild to wild. Some trails you are one way in and one way out so you're either forced to do that run or turn around if it looks to hairy. Not to scare you off but i'm sure with all the people that are going, we can decide which runs are good for everyone.

I've been there twice so far but I think either RangerX or RockRanger would be more of an authority to ask on which trails to run.

Pics

here's a couple pics from the last trip i made to Los Coyotes.

Rick, Tdavis, RangerX and maybe one or two other people that I cant remember made that trip.

I didnt take many pics but the ones I did take are of Rick's Ex.

Here's Rick at Bagby's rock:

Attachments

• image07.jpg
    image07.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 175

another pic

Here's one of Rick's Ex right after he grenaded his rear driveshaft u-joint on El Hill:

Attachments

• image13.jpg
    image13.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 177

Hmmmmm...

I want to go but don't if i should? What you guys think? Don't feel like brakeing anything and after seeing that pic above........ well undesided. She did pretty good last time out, (exsept the crappy stock L/S). :rolleyes:

Didn't mean to scare anyone by showing that pic...lol.
El Hill isnt really a trail, just a very steep and difficult hill
that is at the crossroads of other trails so it's easily bypassed. Makes for good entertainment when you go by it and other rigs are trying to run it. Just goes to show you how gnarly it is even with lockers front and rear and an Atlas T-case.

I've only got a L/S in the rear and i've done suprisingly well on most of the trails i've been on there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just trying to make sure I know who all is going to be there. If you are going to make it please post or send me an email so I know how many trucks we will have.

Back