Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
After experiencing 90 degree desert heat the past two weekends, I decided desert season is over. I drove up to Los Coyotes on the way home from Truckhaven, just to see if it was still in business. On the road up to the gate, I saw about ten built Scouts and Wagoneers heading down the road, so there was my proof.

For those who don't know, Los Coyotes Indian reservation is outside the town of Warner Springs in north San Diego county. It's in the mountains, so it's cooler. The campground is at about 4000 feet, and the highest peak is at 6400 feet, with a trail to the top. It's a very fun place, with trails for stocks and big dawgs.

So, I want to see if a few locals and not-so-locals are interested in a run this month and/or next month. This won't be limited to Explorers, so friends with jeeps are fine. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

June/July I'm game. Would I be able to drive, or would I have to ride?

alec, youll make it.... los coyotes was my first wheeling trip ever.... with rockranger, tom davis, ken cook and bill.... my stock lsd equiped 4x4 made it fine.... with my brand new, bought same day 2 hours before i drove down there, 31 bfgs..... everyone was impressed with my stockers capabilities and relitively light body damage for the extreme stuff i was going through....

Los Coyotes

Bill,

I'm up for LC!:D

How about the second or fourth weekend in June?

Weekend of the 8th I cant do have a wedding to go to. After that will depend on what I am doing for work and if i have a job. but the weekend of the 22nd is sonding pretty good right now atleast.

Matt

LC in Jume

Bill,

June 8th is out for me too, Ken Cooke is running in Joshua Tree that weekend, and I'm going along.

Also, when we settle on a date, Bob (Green Cherokee next door) wants to go along too. We're pretty flexible, 'cept the 8th.;)

Matt, does this wedding thing mean you won't be able to make JT? Is was counting on you being there;)

Well, the 8th is out for me now, too. I'll be in Montana. The last weekend looks good, then, huh?

yup wont be making JT. would be way to hot out there anyway with no AC in my truck. I also just remembered I told some of my other friends that on the 22nd we would be doing the night run in truckhaven all night long to avoid the heat. Decisions decisons......

Matt

I've got the 22nd penciled into the ol' calendar Dead Link Removed

Hopefully by then I'll actually have my Atlas and front locker in :bounce:

Originally posted by Jefe
I've got the 22nd penciled into the ol' calendar Dead Link Removed

Hopefully by then I'll actually have my Atlas and front locker in :bounce:

I thought you were going to have both in before moab? Ill see what I can do with making this run. LC will be alot nicer then truckahaven will be :eek:

Matt

Originally posted by RockRanger
I thought you were going to have both in before moab?. . .
Neither have shipped yet, and the locker is still back-ordered a few weeks. :banghead: I might be able to pull of getting the Atlas in before Moab. I'm sure as heck going to try anyway. . :hammer:

. . .LC will be alot nicer then truckahaven will be :eek:

Matt
I'll second that.

Back