• Register Today It's free!

Los Coyotes

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Ewa Beach, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited 4.6
I am wanting to make a run to Los Coyotes. I would like to make this run an all day Saturday trip. The dates being proposed are 12 19 or 26 July. I would like to get as many people as posible.

Let me know what weekend would be best for you. Also, I have never been to this place before. For this reason it would be nice to have a few people that have been there before to join in the fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in...I haven't been there in awhile and been waiting to get back there. My weekends are usually free so if you nail down a date i'll be sure to keep that date open.

I vote for the 26th.

I almost forgot, i'm going to my friends kids' B-day party on July 26th but 27th would be doable for me.

Pick a date Ill see what I can do maybe i can take out a rear driveshaft again :rolleyes:

Matt

Ok, guys I was looking at the calender and would rather make this run on a Saturday as aposed to a Sunday. Just in case anyone has some drive line damage. Also, the 19 would be better for Cory (black j33p), Brian (blue j33p), and I. Let me know if this day works for all of you.

Sounds good to me:D

You know I'm in man, if I can get the gear for runnin trails for my rig, if not I'll come as a safety vehicle/ride along in an empty seat.

19th I think will wok better for me. I have some other friends going out the 26th so If I go out then Ill probably run around with them. Not even sure if Ill make it then need to get my truck wheelable first.

Matt

To Crazy5711 and Felix...just to give you a heads up, There's a $15 fee for the day to access Los Coyotes( if i'm wrong on this RockRanger or RangerX please correct me since you guys have been up more recently than me)

Also, we usually pack a lunch since there really isnt a place to buy food unless you go back into town which is a hassle.

yup 15 for the day I belive and 20 or 25 for camping or towing. And bring lunch. The gas station at the golf coarse has air to air your tires up at.

Matt

So is everyone settled on the 19th....just wanted to get some confirmation on whos going. I'm good for that date...who else?

Glad I ran across this thread...I'm down for goin if my ****'s ready. I just f'd it up last night wheelin...front left tire got swallowed by a two foot deep hole. Mighta bent somethin, but hopefully its just an alignment. I'll know probly by tommora if it'll be ready to rock.:rolleyes:

Oh and the 19th is the best for me...in case I need time for last minute repairs before BAJA

You know I am going and there may be 1 to 4 people joining from the base. Not sure how many are actually going to join but myself and one other is for sure.

Yeah Josh, theres a lot of off camber trails there, more slow and go stuff rather than the turn and burn stuff you get into. Some of the trails feel like an amusement park ride with all the ups and downs and side to side action going on.

Felix, let me know if you want to meet up and caravan up there, maybe in Palm Desert somewhere.

Yea, I would like to caravan there so we don't get lost. Maybe around the Mall or that gas station right across the road. We need to figure out what time also. I would like to leave my house around 6:30 or 7am that morning. That should put me down there sometime around 8am. Unless you want to meet up around 7am that way we get the most bang for our buck. Not sure what everyone wants to do.

I think last time I went up there we met around 8 or 8:30 at the campround inside Los Coyotes which means leaving pretty early for both of us but. I'm an early riser anyways so it wouldnt matter to me. It takes roughly and hour to an hour and a half to get there from Palm Desert. Anyways, lets see what everyone else decides on.

Dont know if Ill be able to make the 19th. I might be having to go out of town. The trails there very quite abit in difficulty depending on teh ones you go on.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I am bringing a pair of sleeping bags just incase, extra gas the hole nine yards.

When it comes to getting up there at a timely maner I am all for getting there EARLY. I want as much bang for my buck. Probly try to be down there around 7am.

Back