Los Coyotes | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Los Coyotes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o...I have the same clearance as you: TT, Shackles and 31" BFGs. I'm gonna get up there and hopefully ride mine on the trails and leave the big stuff for the other guys.

If I find I can't really do much I might ask to ride with someone (Josh?). But I haven't been out for a while and would love to take my X out. But I don't want to trash it. :roll:

Josh, I might need to ride with someone if it gets too rough for my ride. You got room just in case? :D

So, count me in. I'll meet everyone at the gas station between 8 and 8:30 this Saturday (7/19)
-Mark

The first trip I took to Los Coyotes there was a 98 or later Ranger there with no lift and 31" tires and no other mods and he did really well there so hopefully that reassures some of the stockers coming out.

So far we have:

1. Felix
2. JoshS
3. markmeen
4. DB_1
5. RockRanger -?
6. Stic-o -?
7. RangerX -?
8. Crazy5711 -?

Anyone else going?...still never to late :)

Hey Josh...from OC, 91 E to 15 S to 79 E (towards Warner Springs) gas station is on the RIGHT side and the entrance to Los Coyotes is just past the gas station on the LEFT and the name of the street is San Ignacio. Its about 5 or 6 mi to the little shack where you pay the fee once you turn on San Ignacio. Probably an hour and a half or so from Santa Ana.

MEETING PLACE:
Seems to be a little confusion... are we meeting inside LC at the campgrounds (second water tower)... at the gas station or the tennis courts?
I'm thinking the gas station wouldnt be a good idea since we will have a good number of rigs and its a small station. I dont remember what the area around the tennis courts look like so if theres room for all of us cool, if not I vote for the campground area.

Cool, thanks for the directions. I'll be there at 8-830am on saturday:eek: :eek: :eek: Campground is where I'm going, so I'll see y'all there.

Mark-I have TDG ridin shotty with me already, if need be you can pile in the back seat if ya don't mind the crampage! It sounds like your rig will be cool though.

What was the fee again? $15?

See everyone there!!:redexp: :roll:

I wont be making it. Also the tennis courts are inside of the resort so you cant really meet at that area. It jus makes a good visual aide cause you can see them from the road. The trails are as hard as you make them just take your time and if you dont feel comfy ask for a spot. I use to run all around there open on 31"s for a while. Only a few spots gave me trouble but most of that was cause i didnt know how to drive off road (5 years ago)

Have fun and take some pics.

Matt

Alright!

I'm in! I got get up at crazy hour but I'll be there!

Anything else i need to bring?

C.B., towstrap, spare tire.

CHECK! CHECK! CHECK!

I got it all! I just hope I don't acually use the spare. I just bought new tire a few months ago.

Hey Josh

If you wanna meet up some where on the way down we could? I'll be goin down the 71 to the 91 to the 15. so let me know.

Yah Stick-ho, we could do that no problem. Ummm, how about in Corona(off the 91)...exit Maple St., hang a right and pull into Carls Jr. on the left. (you can see it from the freeway).

Lets meet up there at around 7:20ish. Let me know if this is cool for you.

Cool, looks like a good show of hands.

DB_1 what time do you want to meet up for the trek up the mountian, and what parking lot do you want to use?

So far we have:

1. Felix
2. JoshS
3. markmeen
4. DB_1
5. Cory(black j33p)
6. Stic-o
7. RangerX -?
8. Crazy5711 -?
9. Brian (blue j33p) -?

Let me know if i am missing anyone.

FELIX: I'm thinking 6:30am at the Macaroni Grill parking lot. If my memory serves me right it was about an hour and a half drive from Palm Springs area.

There's a couple spots to eat if we feel up to it on the way back which is right of the hwy. It would be closer than going to Idyllwild to eat, just something to think about. One of them is Sugarloaf Cafe which has pretty good food the other place I havent been to yet.

Also...bring your lunch and water or whatever to drink because there is nowhere to get food or drink inside the reservation.

sounds good!

Carl's it is! and watch it with ho part!:nono:

Just woke up this morning and saw on the news that there was a fire near Warner Springs...it started 1pm yesterday and burned 5000 acres so far.
Hopefully Los Coyotes isnt and wont be affected but you never know.

I have a phone # here for the indian reservation maybe someone has time to call it today or i'll try it when i get home from work.

760-782-0711

Lets keep our fingers crossed :)

OK, I called them and the lady said the fire is around the Lost Valley Area right now, which is sorta close to the res. She said its safe for now, but who knows about the weekend.

She said to call back maybe tomorrow and see what the deal is. She gave me the number at the gate:

760-782-2790

Hours:8a-10p

Cool Stick-O, we'll see ya there bout 720ish

Good deal....thanks Josh, we had a little rainstorm out here so maybe they got a little soaking out where the fires are too.

bad news guys....looks like I wont be able to go, I decided to modify my trac bar bracket and now its making a nasty popping noise when I turn the steering wheel in either direction. When I was doing the test drive for that modification, my engine decides to overheat on me and the rad. overflow certainly did its job and overflowed on the street.

I can change the T-stat and coolant no problem but the trac bar bracket is gonna take some work.

Have fun out there.

I can't go either!:mad: My driveshaft is dented from the Rubicon, and I'm getting it rebuilt Saturday.

I told you early in this thread that next weekend would be better!;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back