Los Coyotes | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Los Coyotes

Dang! That musta felt freakin crazy!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well at least I know the name of the place now.:)

Maybe when DiffWhackDaddy went down it there weren't as many rocks piled in the hole or somethin, or maybe the winch helped him get that sweet photo. Heck my experience was good enough for me!!!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Josh S.

DB_1-np bout the directions man, I hadn't been up to Idyllwild in a while ya know?:p

just taking the scenic route right? lol

I had to delete the original quote i was gonna post thats why it seems backwards...heh heh

I'd be interested in a trip to Big Bear next month but i'd like to stay at a campground near the trails. Camping in a parking lot doesnt sound to appealing ya know...lol.

Looks like fun Josh. When are you going to take me on this trail? I still havent done that one yet. You are a good writer. Also in temecula you got off on 79 north instead of 79 south. I know a few people that have done that. Glad the day ended up well. Also the parking lot thing in bi bear is the run for inland empire 4 wheelers. I went a few years ago to it and had a fun day. Jim with the built broncoII is in that club or was so keep an eye out for him.

Matt

Thanks RockRanger. Yah thats who was puttin it on. I think a few of us are gonna roll out to this one, so if y'all can make it, sounds like some fun.

I'm definitely up for going to this trail again...even though it scared the hell outta me:eek: ...a BUNCH of times! As long as there's gonna be some good spotters hangin around, I'd be up for it...maybe I'll coat my rig with bubblewrap and remove the windows before going:D I gotta get a few 4x4in trips out of the way like Baja and this Big Bear thing, so after that would probly be best for me...like maybe early or mid September. Also, the old Rebel4x4orces are probly gonna be cruising out to Joshua Tree again around Octoberish too for a weekend or somethin. This is always a nice kick-back trip. I'll be sure to post threads on all these runs when they are gettin planned.:)

Oh and hey Rock Ranger, on the way back on the 79, I saw the old Blue Blockers dude at the interchange right there where it splits off to Idyllwild. I was finally the one driving when we passed it, so I slammed on the brakes and rolled into the dirt lot, and picked myself out some cheap sunglasses. Oh yah, when we left we slid the old ZZ Top CD in too. And yes, we do have pics(on their way):cool:

Here's da cheap sunglasses:)

Attachments

• sunglasses-1-x...jpg
    sunglasses-1-x...jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 139

Josh - Good to see you made it through Heart Attack Hill in 1 piece! I drove down from Big Bear w/little clutch action, and once I exited the fwy in Riverside, I had to push my truck 2 1/2 blocks home in 100 deg. heat! It'll be back in 1 piece before Baja tho...
-Ken

Back