Lost clutch parts list

tjsxplodr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer XLT
Ok, so when I was doing my auto to manual swap earlier this year, I had a list of parts needed to do so. I am now just needing a complete list of parts to rebuild a clutch. Here is what I have:

pressure plate
clutch disc
release bearing
pilot bearing
adjustment tool
master/slave cylinders

Do I HAVE to have a new flywheel or is it ok to reuse the old one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You would not need a new Flywheel if the Old was ok? But you say Auto to manual swap so is this the old automatic flexplate on the back of the motor when the aut trans was in if so you will need a flywheel.

I am not doing another swap, I am just rebuilding the clutch that is in my X. I was trying to find that list from my swap to find out what parts I would need to do a clutch rebuild. How can I tell if the flywheel is any good in the current trans?

You wouldn't have to do the master unless you're having issues. It's serviceable without remove the transmission.

But since we would be in there rebuilding everything, wouldn't it be a good idea to replace the master? This X has 198K miles on it, I'm sure that the master will go sooner rather than later, and I'd rather have it taken care of while we are in there rebuilding than having to go back in later.....

You can look at the Flywheel and see if its scarred like a brake rotor would be that would be tell tale signs that you would need a new one but if It looks good I would reuse it. You can probably find specs on it to measure runout or even call a shop and see if they would give you that info if you can measure with a caliper etc but would probably not be needed if the current flywheel looks good.

Gotcha, thanks. I am hoping it's still good, but who knows for sure until we get in there to look.

As for the Master you might as well go ahead and replace especially if you are replacing the Slave which if I remember correctly they are concentric and not external.. So replacing the master would be good measure but not mandantory just flush and fill with fresh fluid.

Ok thank you. We will take a look at everything once we get the parts and get it torn down, then decide from there. Any recommendations for clutch kits? All I have around me are Oreilly, Autozone and I don't really trust Autozone.

Use Oreilly they would be good...

I have not pretty good deal though I have bought no name stuff off of ebay with no problems and some that did have probs the only thing I hate about ebay for stuff like this is that if there is a problem then you have to take the time to repackage and ship back etc... The other thing I do not like is that the friction material is organic and I am sure this will go either way but I ahve heard alot of people saying they do not like the organic brake pads that are made so I would think this is the same not sure but maybe they wear out quicker?

I dont know about the organic stuff.....

Back