Map update | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Map update

what all did you have to do to update the maps. I downloaded formatted thumb drive added it to the thumb drive and nothing happened. did you extract the files from the zip?

Extract the tar.gz files from the zip and place them into /SyncMyRide folder along with the license tar.gz. Leave the autoinstall.lst in the root/top level.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a separate download of update instructions. Pretty straightforward but IMHO, it is a little beyond what I would consider "easy" if you are not savy with computers. I guess in that case, you would just order the thumbdrive.

Tired for the 3rd time, same error code, no good, ordered the flash drive from Ford.

TB

When I check the snycnavigation.com website for update availability, it keeps telling me my ESN is invalvid. Took my ESN number right from the touch screen in my vehicle. I wonder what the deal is.

When I check the snycnavigation.com website for update availability, it keeps telling me my ESN is invalvid. Took my ESN number right from the touch screen in my vehicle. I wonder what the deal is.

Make sure you have the right ESN. Look at my post above a bit.

Edit...post 14.

T
Make sure you have the right ESN. Look at my post above a bit.

Edit...post 14.

Ha, thanks. I just saw your post. Will try again tonight. Thank you.

I had the same issue. I initially used the ESN for my Sirius/XM account.

Peter

For those of you who successfully updated the maps, was there any progress bar or indication that something was installing?

I was able to download, create a USB drive, plugged it in. Sync showed a system update and provided some instructions and I kicked it off. I came back about 20 minutes later and the screen is on but black. It’s been running now for about an hour and the screen is still black. Is this normal?

After waiting almost an hour and 45 minutes I gave up and shut the Explorer off. Upon restart it showed the error LST_ERR05. So I guess it failed.

This is quickly becoming one of the most disappointing vehicle purchases I’ve ever made. None of the technology in the Explorer works as advertised.

None??:dunno:

OTA updates to date: Zero
Lane keeping: been twice to the dealer still pulls to the left and most times rides the wrong side of the lane
CarPlay: have to constantly fuss with connecting the phone to get it to work. Some days it doesn’t work at all. Purchased brand new cable, iPhone Pro 11. Works in other cars just fine.
Map update: fails with no error message until you restart the car after burning gas for over 90 minutes.
Auto wipers didn’t work - had to have windshield replaced
Rear seats went down didn’t come back up - had to replace module

Total miles <4000

The list goes on..... very disappointing for a $60k+ vehicle.

OTA updates are not yet available as far as I know.
The map update has worked fine for other members. I have mine on the USB but there's no way I'm letting my vehicle idle for an hour. Not good for the engine. Will have try and work it in on a drive sometime. Unless there was something obstructing the auto wiper sensor, I don't understand why the windshield had to be replaced. Issues do happen, even with new cars. Unfortunately, you seem to have had a share of them.

Peter

Received the flash drive from FMC, did the update this morning, what Sync version should show after the update?

Thanks,
TBill

Sync will be the same. This update is for the map only and that should be 119.

Thank you, my update indicated "update complete remove the USB drive and the update will load on the next vehicle restart"
TBill

Sounds like worked for you then. Mine did the same thing.

👍🤠

Received the flash drive from FMC, did the update this morning, what Sync version should show after the update?

Thanks,
TBill
Did you order the map upgrade of Sync 3 upgrade? If it was the map upgrade I believe it should show NA 1.19.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I had problems trying to download it and load it to my flash drive so I ordered the flash drive from FMC. Navigation now showing Navigation Maps Version NA 119, Sync version still version 3.4

Back