Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

I contacted FMC today regarding this missing part, my build date was 6/25/19. I have been referred to the local dealer to resolve this issue. One way or another this part is getting installed. The bottom center of the rear bumper cover is very flexible without the air deflector.

TBill
Following. Please keep us informed how this works out. My ST is of similar vintage and I have a recall to address soon so I’m starting a list.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Build date on my ST w/ ST Street Pack is 11/2019 and has no deflector. Of note I was getting as high as 25.4 mpg on a 260 mile road trip, 75 mph with cruise control and slippery mode when raining, which is above listed 24 highway mpg. So not sure the deflector would increase or decrease fuel efficiency.

I did a search on Google and didn't see one review article showing the deflector on the ST model.

I noticed the rear bumper a bit loose in the middle and realized this air deflector was not installed. It seems to add rigidity to the bumper installation as well! View attachment 177129
I have the platinum and mine does not have it either. I called the dealer to let them know I need it put on.
Also having issue with leather seats coming apart in back seat where the latch is and head rest.
IMG_2200.jpg

My ST, built in Late September does not have that deflector.

I contacted my dealer about this after reading these posts. They looked at all the Explorers on the lot and found that only the STs and Platinums didn't have the air deflector installed, while the others did. They told me that it may be because the STs and Platinums have different exhaust and gas tanks compared with the Limiteds and XLTs. That maybe it doesn't fit, or that it wouldn't fit. Does that sound right?

I contacted FMC today regarding this missing part, my build date was 6/25/19. I have been referred to the local dealer to resolve this issue. One way or another this part is getting installed. The bottom center of the rear bumper cover is very flexible without the air deflector.

TBill

Same here; "One way or another this part is getting installed. The bottom center of the rear bumper cover is very flexible without the air deflector." Without it the bumper will eventually fail!

What is the part number to this air deflector, my 2020 Explorer ST is missing that part as well. Im looking for it and cant find the part number, on Ford or any other site.

What is the part number to this air deflector, my 2020 Explorer ST is missing that part as well. Im looking for it and cant find the part number, on Ford or any other site.

Middle of 2nd page.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Part number is also shown in the first post.:)
I'd like to see what the part number is on the other parts sites as it will likely be different. The problem is that they don't have all parts listed yet.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Part number is also shown in the first post.:)
I'd like to see what the part number is on the other parts sites as it will likely be different. The problem is that they don't have all parts listed yet.

Peter
Ok, Thank You

Will Ford cover installation or we have to pay for labor too?

Just to add one more, my ST built October 30 has the deflector.

I looked under my ST and it's missing as well. Will be calling dealer tomorrow and order it. It looks ugly with out it, when you look under the vehicle. How could Ford sell them with out this and not recall or say something. They were really rushing these Explorers....

I'm confused because I went on the Ford parts website, and when you look up Part #: 7811778 the top of the page includes usage for the ST version. But, if you click on the part that says <11778 on that page corresponding to the diagram it says usage only for the LTD and XLT versions.

Well my dealer sales person called back, they checked all of the Explorers in their inventory, any with quad exhaust do not have the Air Deflector. I will be following up with them tomorrow.

TBill

I'm confused because I went on the Ford parts website, and when you look up Part #: 7811778 the top of the page includes usage for the ST version. But, if you click on the part that says <11778 on that page corresponding to the diagram it says usage only for the LTD and XLT versions.

Which would confirm what I found on my lot.

So far only 1 person with an ST has it. Very strange and confusing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back