Moab 2011 - May 21 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2011 - May 21

Moab Date - May 14th or the 21st 2011??

• May 14 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread hijack alert!!!!!!

Brad what is the south route? Is it faster or easier then taking Hwy 70 the whole way?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chad I believe it is longer, but more scenic, and not rushed with I70 for so long, its consist for me taking I44 to springfield and then continuing on and cutting across kansas way south of I 70 and coming into CO in down by Lamar which is Hwy 50

***Also it means we can pick up Greg along the way LOL***
I will have off work wed- sun

I'm thinking I'm with Diff Whack Daddy and we'll schedule a "Wish We Were In Moab' run here in Eastern Washington at Liberty but,,,,we'll see what happens when the time rolls around.

Brad
I tried finding your route and it seems way out of the way for me to take. unless i am missing some 2 lane roads to take

Folks taking the south route near Wichita can get ahold of me if you have trouble. The American Inn in Canon City, Co had $29 rooms sun-thur last time I was through. They were always clean and had frig and micro wave when I was there. They are down town just east of Wendy's. Not much parking though. And they fill up fast.

If you really want scenic, take the route straight west out of Montrose. Really nice drive through the NF but wet and muddy with ruts. Not something to drag a trailer through. West of the NF is purdy also. It's a lot shorter than going up to Grand Junction but takes a lot longer.

Not sure if the grocery getter (((Jeep))) and I are still invited but, we'll be there. Count me in.

I am officially out :( Taking over half a pay cut hurts, but I am working on that and will be there for 2012.

chalk me up for another one with you guys. I gotta hit MOAB before i move back to KY. 21st is perfect for me as well.

Anyone planning on arriving early than Friday? My friend John who rode with me last year and myself plan on arriving on Monday.

Well, just found out graduation date is May 26th, so i am not going to be able to go on the 21st. If anyone is able to go sooner, please let me know.

Let's not let this thread die here guy's ;-) There was already 6 pages of chit chat by this time last year.

Let's not let this thread die here guy's ;-) There was already 6 pages of chit chat by this time last year.

Man, I really wish I could make it. I am going to hopefully plan for a 2012 big run. At least 2 weeks.

I made reservations at Canyonlands so if the wife does not come with me I will stay there in my truck camper, but if she comes I also have reservations at the adventure inn so the wife will have more room, when the time gets closer I will cancel the one I don't need

I really had planned to go this year. I just had to get the tranny rebuilt at a cost of $1,958, and now I need all new ball joints and other front end crap that will cost around $1,000. Combine all that with wanting a new bike that will cost more than I paid for either of my Explorers, and the budget will probably be short of funds come May. I miss Moab!:( Maybe next year, I can get Gerald to fly, or Harley his way to Dallas and come with me. I don't think his Ex is driveable across country any more.

Damn

I went to Moab with my marines back in 99 ... i wanna go back, but alas, all i has is a RWD exploder

Maybe really really want/need to go

Hopefully it's because we all know the drill now... Pick a date, show up in Moab, and visit with good friends who you only see once a year, but it feels like no time has passed at all.

Really looking forward to the trip!!:chug:

only 89 days to go, and that time will go quick working 67 hours a week

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK this thread has dropped down in the forum. Sooooooooooooo

1.Can we add a list of confirmd attendee's to the first page?

2.Who is going to be there by Thurs? The last time we went myself, bronco2guy, and Gman did Fins n Things that late afternoon into the night. It was a blast and would likedoing that again.

3. Anyone sticking around Sunday for trails?

I am scheduling my vacation time, and I can/will leave Wed A.M. and be there early Thurs morning, or I can work Wed and leave around 3 PM and arrive Thursday late afternoon.

Back