Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha well i would love to go to something liek this but 1. need a job to buy stuff liek gas, 2. im 16 so my parents proobably wouldnt want me going off like that for a while but being in a stock when everyone is trudging through everything would just make me a hastle xD maybe if i save up enough for at least some minor mods haha but thanks for the encoragement "throw on some tow hooks" yes getting pulled around is how i would want to go haha. just curious, ho wmany people usually got o these things? (i would love to do this in teh future and pretty much any activity is better with more people ha.)

haha well i would love to go to something liek this but 1. need a job to buy stuff liek gas, 2. im 16 so my parents proobably wouldnt want me going off like that for a while but being in a stock when everyone is trudging through everything would just make me a hastle xD maybe if i save up enough for at least some minor mods haha but thanks for the encoragement "throw on some tow hooks" yes getting pulled around is how i would want to go haha. just curious, ho wmany people usually got o these things? (i would love to do this in the future and pretty much any activity is better with more people ha.)

Bring your parents, there's a lot to see.
See post 236 for a participants list

.. im guessing stock explorers wouldnt make it in moab? probably wouldnt be able to go to things liek this for a couple years but i was curious.

Sure they will,my 94 is dead stock and I spent 5 days there in 2009.My big claim to fame is bouncing over Elephant Hill,rated a 5 out of 10 on p-rated 235/75/15's. The only thing different this year will be 31's on it,completely stock otherwise......c'mon down.:D

oh how i wish i could, deffinitly wont happen this year, maybe next year, if i am able to next year or teh year after it would be awesome, looks like a lot of fun. maybe by then i will be trusted more to be on my own, have cash for equipment/gas etc, and have some upgrades to keep up with people.

Made our reservations at the Big Horn Lodge. Shannon and I will arrive late the 9th, and would love to join for dinner at the Branding Iron Sat. night.

With pack animals, there is usually a runt. We will try to fill that void. Currently 31's, 3"BL, 3.55open/open w/f&r tow hooks and factory skids.

Seriously excited about this trip, and the change of scenery.

Made our reservations at the Big Horn Lodge. Shannon and I will arrive late the 9th, and would love to join for dinner at the Branding Iron Sat. night.

With pack animals, there is usually a runt. We will try to fill that void. Currently 31's, 3"BL, 3.55open/open w/f&r tow hooks and factory skids.

Seriously excited about this trip, and the change of scenery.

So glad you two are joining all of us! Will be almost year since we last spent time out on the trails together, and you guys are going to be in for a treat this trip! Moab is simply amazing, and well worth the long drive there & back. Have a back up camera for your back up camera, as you do not want to miss any chance for a photo op, and there will be plenty of them!

You got my cell # still? Call me anytime you want, if you need anything, or need help with the rig before hand.

Don't click me ;)

Haha Gregg, I posted that to Jon's FB a while back. Will be good to wheel with you again Benji

Oh, and if i cant find time to get my BL installed you wont be the runt Benji, cause i will be on 30's if i dont

So glad you two are joining all of us! Will be almost year since we last spent time out on the trails together, and you guys are going to be in for a treat this trip! Moab is simply amazing, and well worth the long drive there & back. Have a back up camera for your back up camera, as you do not want to miss any chance for a photo op, and there will be plenty of them!

You got my cell # still? Call me anytime you want, if you need anything, or need help with the rig before hand.

Don't click me ;)

Can't wait, now I just need to go over the truck and plan for packing. Then to find a backup camera.

It does seem as if my phone has misplaced your #. Please pm.

Have feelings of cannonball run for explorers across the midwest. Shake-N-Bake

is anyone staying at Canyonlands going to have a percolator or coffee maker? Mine seems to have grown legs

i tried reserving a cabin but says their closed till march first so i left a message.. ill most definatly have a way to make coffee!!! im bringing my coffee pot, if all else fails.. ill run it off my invertor in the truck..

I plan on getting a deluxe tent site, so no power inverter required, but i dont want to bring anything breakable on a 2-3 day drive.

yea, if you dont mind a fire.. i have an old school perculator i can bring ya.. all metal with the crystal "bubble bulb"

Faster to go to the Station or a fast food joint for Coffee. Canyonlands is in the center of town, and next door to a station.

Campsites there are not like ones found at a KOA. Diff style set up there. Almost like camping in a parking lot.

I think there is a small fire ring and some community BBQ grill stations there. Oh...and a bundle of firewood is expensive too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man, making a final decision on a campground for this trip is a bear, most of the campgrounds that allow fires either have tiny sites or look kinda run down. KOA looks really nice, but is quite pricey and doesnt allow any camp fires

Back