• Register Today It's free!

More Lift Questions

93_Exploder

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Eddie Bauer 4.0
I have a 93 Explorer 4-door 4x4 and want to do a decent (4-6") lift. I have searched and read up on what a lot of people have done. Cost is a HIGH factor in doing this lift since it is just my summer off road fun truck and winter vehicle. I plan on doing a SOA conversion for the rear and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get the front end level. Right now it has a little sag in the rear so I thought I might want the back end about 1 inch higher lift than the front. I will have 30-32" tires put on after the lift is done.

The question I really have is what do I have to do to get the front suspension lifted. Will a set of brand new F-150 springs with spacers work or do I have to get some skyjacker springs or what? Thanks for your guys help

Also, if F-150 springs will work, what years should I look for? Another possibility is F-150 4" lift springs. Yes, No?

to lift the front that high you need
-drop brackets for the beams so i can be lifted properly and alighned, or cut and turned beams
-explorer/ranger lift springs 5.5" or 4" with F150 lower spring buckets
-also highly recommend if you will wheel it longer brake lines
-dropped pitman arm
-swaybar extentions
-radius arm drop brackets
-longer shocks
I dont know about the f150 springs...aren they a little to large diameter wise??
I just went to the junk yard and found a lifted ranger and took all the drop brackets and springs...but that is very rare to find a lifted vehicle in the junk yard...I went on the perfect day i guiess!!!

Here is the cost of my Cheap lift...*caution* i am very thrifty!!!
1975421_16_full.jpg

O yea you will need larger than 31's!!!! heres mine with 31's lifted 5"
-front 4"-5.5? springs (dont know really) and drop brackets+ junk procomp shocks: $100
-skyjacker braided front brake lines: $80
-sway bar extentions: free made my own
-dropped pitman arm $10 really bought my boss lunch for it
-Bolts grade 8 any bolt i needed for front and rear.. at farm and fleet +/-$40
-SOA only needed ubolts, center pins and perches.and dropped the brake line
-ubolts: $35 Madison Spring
-spring center pins: $8.00 BDS
-perches Free boss gave them to me and had friend tig weld them on
- *I might of forgot something*......like alighnment..install..exc
My total was about $273 and im still not done...
I work in a shop so doing all of this was easy had all the tools and equipment..that is a key...
If i were you i would do a bit of research on lifting a explorer...and have the know how to do it cheap and Safe!

Back