• Register Today It's free!

mounting switches

Doug

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Im wondering where other people have mounted switches in thier trucks? Ive got a 5spd manual in my 96 so i dont have the full length console. I mounted on switch in the bottom of the console but i dont think i can mount many more there. any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive seen them in the kleenex box, in the second din place if you have an aftermarket single din headunit, in the glove box, in the ash tray, in the plastic where the steering wheel attaches to the dash, by the parking brake release, up by the headlight pull thing in the earlier model explorers, up by the overhead console (in the pocket thing if you dont have a sunroof).... thats all i can think of for now

A friend and i where thinking of machining a panel to go up in the roof. we're thinking of machining a box then pop riveting sheet metal on the front to mount the switches. I think if we make it out of some aliminium it would look pretty cool.

Toggle switches can be mounted to the bottom of the dash, with the switch part facing down towards your legs....

if you want to see toggle switches check out bmxboys he has a million switches his website is www.cmeglow.com

Back