mouse got in A/c behind glove box

missipp

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer
Hi Guys/Gals,

New member here. I have a 2004 explorer in which a mouse got into the truck and made a home in the glove box. I did not know this for a few days and he put a bunch of tissue paper in the glove box and in the openings of the A/c part just behind the glove box. I used a shop vac to get a lot of it out through the openings, but there is still a lot in there. Is there a way to open up that case and clean inside that part, or do I have to take the dash off and remove it to clean it.

There was nothing wrong with the A/c before the mouse. Now with all that stuff in there, it has very little air flow. Fan works, but the little guy just blocked it up.

I appreciate any help.

Missipp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the response. That is it. He filled up the air inlet duct with paper. everything worked fine until he did that.
I removed the mouse, now I need to clean that.
Looks like removing dash to get to it. Sigh.

Hopefully, he did no damage to wiring, as the rats did to mine! imp

ummm. just drop the fan and stick you vacuum in there. Fan is very easy to drop.

I will do that. That sounds much easier. If that doesn't work, then I will pull the dash.

The wires look ok and everything is working but soo much stuff that he put in the air inlet

Back