Multifunctional switch and brake switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Multifunctional switch and brake switch

whmstang99

Reaction score
City, State
West Haven, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sporttrac
Hi all, usually do my own repairs, but this one threw me so i went to a mechanic who was reported to be good and fair. Since i always do my own work I figure I got ripped off; need feedback.
I had a mutifunctional switch installed, and brake switch that I purchased but they installed, and a new headlight, just because it was there and need to be done i told them to do it.
Total cost, $240.00.

Parts $95.00, the rest labor. Now I could have ripped open the steering shroud in 10 min, and replaced the switch in another 20. Then I could have replaced the brake switch in about a 1/2 hour to 45 min since I am old and big to get under the steering column. Headlight about 20min since there is little room to move your hands

What do you guys think, was 240 fair?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well if you think about it with yours times it is about 1 1/2-2 hours of work so if they take that long which they prolley took closer to 2 if not more than yea thats about fair cause shop rates are outrageous like $100/hr

Yea ur right, I should have hung in there a little longer, I would have done it.

lol yup self work is much cheaper

Thanks

Thanks guys I will, I also have a 2008 Ranger and a 90 5.0

Back