• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Multiple suspension noises

SteveAZ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
Jumping in here - Great analogy....or its like a lamp shade that is loose and you rattle it around when going over small bumps. I sure hope it isn't AWD related. What was interesting the other day while I was changing the oil, I gripped the lower front suspension/strut/a-arm...and it turns! WHAT!! It literally rotates some when the wheel is off the ground. Slop perhaps? I just don't see this as a good thing since it is used for guiding this vehicle. I wonder if this slight slop could be that dampened rattle? Sway bar was tight and it seems to ONLY be on the driver side.

Stay away from the Q-5 with the 2.0 turbo. I've heard of them blowing up at speed. On another note, I LOVE the ST motor. Had it at 125mph in the middle of Utah with it 100+ outside. It literally laughed at me to go faster.... I LOVE/HATE this thing.....
Same here...assume you were flying across the salt flats on I-80. I started thinking about tires at the 125 mark and backed, The next morning my 2016 Platinum had a flat front tire. Just living good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Bill Holt

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Just a short note to say good bye to the Forum. I have gotten rid of my 2020 ST , GOOD RIDDANCE !! My dealer bought out the remainder of my lease. They are shipping the car back to Ford with all the SUSPENSION/CHASSIS ISSUES AND THE DEVELOPING NEW ISSUES THAT HAVE STARTED TO APPEAR. YOU FOLKS TAKE CARE, STAY SAFE !!
As most of you know I turned my ST back into FORD. Bill Currie Ford of Tampa bought out my lease, which pleased me to no end. I feel I must give you a update on the latest development, it does not directly apply to me but its interesting. The general manager at BCF listened very attentively to all my concerns and issues with my ST. He was somewhat aware but not fully. I asked what the dealer planned to do with the vehicle. He did hesitate in saying they would ship the vehicle back to Ford......NOT !!! It is sitting on their used lot for sale . So now some unsuspecting person is going to buy this vehicle with all the know issues , that BCF acknowledged !! All defects/issues were identified on the paperwork that BCF filled out.
So what does this tell you of FOMOCOs mindset toward handling defective vehicles. I will not recommend BCF of Tampa to anyone, I will not recommend buying any vehicle from Ford.......THE TRUST IS GONE !!!!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hi Bill. Any chance they may have worked on the suspension issue and others that it may have had?

Peter

Bill Holt

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Hi Bill. Any chance they may have worked on the suspension issue and others that it may have had?

Peter
Possible, but I doubt it. Turned the car in on Friday afternoon and car on lot tuesday !

SteveAZ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
Took my Platinum issues to my dealer again. I'm so tired of the rumbling rattle in the front end that I begged for a trade that I could swallow. I looked at the Limited, drove it, liked it, but...I know I would never be happy with the engine power, or lack thereof. The Limited did offer one advantage...I'd get some money back. The Platinum offer left me with an out of pocket expense of $6,400. Even so, I agreed, just to get rid of the car I was driving.

I took the Platinum off the lot, planning on giving it a good run. I didn't manage to get it home before returning it because it was making the same rattle! The dealer drove it, agreed that the rattle existed, and said he was taking it to the shop with orders to find the rattle before returning it. We'll see. Guess I just saved $6,400 but I'll have to keep this miserable piece of junk.

Bill Holt

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Took my Platinum issues to my dealer again. I'm so tired of the rumbling rattle in the front end that I begged for a trade that I could swallow. I looked at the Limited, drove it, liked it, but...I know I would never be happy with the engine power, or lack thereof. The Limited did offer one advantage...I'd get some money back. The Platinum offer left me with an out of pocket expense of $6,400. Even so, I agreed, just to get rid of the car I was driving.

I took the Platinum off the lot, planning on giving it a good run. I didn't manage to get it home before returning it because it was making the same rattle! The dealer drove it, agreed that the rattle existed, and said he was taking it to the shop with orders to find the rattle before returning it. We'll see. Guess I just saved $6,400 but I'll have to keep this miserable piece of junk.
DISGUSTING AND PATHETIC ON FORDS PART........