Mustangs | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mustangs

Do you own a Mustang?

• I currently have a Mustang.

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • I don't have a Mustang but I want one.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I used to have a Mustang and I want another someday.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • I don't want a Mustang.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • I used to have a Mustang but I don't want another.

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
I currently have an 1985 LX5.0 vert

Some days I think of her as a tired old pony thats ready for the glue factory, other days I'm pretty sure she'll outrun anything else thats standing still ;)

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 96

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick said:
Just one for us. We're new to the club.
that mach 1 is alot like mine but its a 04 Gt conv. that color w/ th eolder cobra rims

Mine is a '97 GT, Hotchkis shocks/springs, engine swaybar, 3.73 gear, dual magnaflows, x pipe, adj timing, cold air intake...much more to come.

me_mustang.JPG

I don't have one but plan on gettin an '05 GT in a year or two

This is my first post, I think. As you can see by my name I have had some Mustangs, 3 to be exact. I just traded my 99 GT in on my 02 Explorer XLT. I plan to buy a 87-93 Mustang LX or GT and use that as my toy-car. I have allways liked Mustangs and never thought about an Explorer until I moved out and got married. I joined this forum to research Explorers and ran accross the one I bought. I had a 93 LX, a 95 GT, and my last a 99 GT. After the Explorer is paid off, I am going to buy a new Saleen Mustang.

never had one, want one, can't right now because insurance would eat me alive!!!

maybe some day when i'm making decent money after school, but i would much rather have an old Mercury of some sort, like a Cyclone or Cougar :D

My first car was a 68 coupe 289 auto, which I sold when I got married. I bought it when I was 15 for $100 off the original owner. Right now I'm restoring my 69 mach 1 390 4spd Candyapple Red with black interior. I've owned it for 23 years now and my Dad had it for several before that. Not bad having a 68 coupe and 69 mach 1 during high school back in the early 80's and late 70's. I've owned 13 or 14 Mustangs which ranged from the 2 above to several 69 fastbacks, 68 coupes, 71 coupes, 73 convertible and even a 70 mach 1.
I love the 69 mach 1, but I sure miss that first 68 coupe and before I sold it I redid the car with NOS quarters and fenders which now a days would be worth a small fortune. I still kick myself when I look at the couple of pics I took of that car. My 69 just came off the rotissierie so now the fun work begins.

Man it seems there are alot of Explorer owners who had, have or want a Mustang. Very cool. I'm looking forwrad to snow to drive the XLT and have some fun. The down side is my daily driver is my Bullitt (with snows of course) the Explorer is the wifes truck. I test drove the new GT. Very nice. I would never trade my Bullitt for one but if I didn't have one I would probably be looking at a Legend Lime with the wing delete Lemans stripes and after market Halibrand wheels. Sorta a modern day Shelby. But I get back to reality and save up for a winter beater once the Explorer is paid off. I'm thinking of (dare I say it) a Jeep. although a nice 66-67 Bronco would work of course ya just gotta find one.

I've had a Mustang for the last 25 years and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.
I sold my Explorer a little while back and picked up a Suburban(too expensive) so I sold that and went to the Dark side.. yep a Jeep. This is my 4th Jeep and I couldn't be any happier with it.

Nice to see a fellow Canadian here. I just don't live in Canada anymore but I hope to again. I grew up just south of you in Windsor the home of the 289 and 302.

I got a coulpe of Bullitt buddies in the LaSalle area. Pretty close to Windsor I think. They get to alot of the Michigan events because they're so close. Woodward dreamcruise being the ultimate car event imho. Yup in a perfect world for me I would have my Bullitt (got it) the wifes Explorer (got it) and a Rubicon for me (need it). :) :)

mustangman said:
I got a coulpe of Bullitt buddies in the LaSalle area. Pretty close to Windsor I think. They get to alot of the Michigan events because they're so close. Woodward dreamcruise being the ultimate car event imho. Yup in a perfect world for me I would have my Bullitt (got it) the wifes Explorer (got it) and a Rubicon for me (need it). :) :)

This is crazy I grew up in LaSalle and most of my family still lives there.
LaSalle borders the southwest side of Windsor.

Small world. One of the coolest guys I've met in the Bullitt club (IMBOC) is JJRocks the guy from Lasalle.

The Stang

I have a '70 F/B grabber blue, 351c4v , c6, 9in w/3:89 posi,
to many updated parts to list.
Had a '76 Mach1 w/ 302 4spd. That was a good quick a
well built car, until wiped it out.
And had a 81 coupe 6 cyl. for about a month till I traded it for a
68 Cougar XR7 w/ 302.

Got a mustang. '70 Mach 1 with Boss 351. They didn't put the Boss in till '71 but I just changed things over. The main difference was just the cam. A little porting and polishing hear and there and a 3000 stall. Never took it to the track but I'm guessing mid/low 13s in the 1/4. Glad I'm done with it now, now on to the X's engine.

Attachments

• My Pictures0013.jpg
    My Pictures0013.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 146
  • My Pictures0003.jpg
    My Pictures0003.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 141

Me and my Father just bought a 1967 Ford Mustang 4X2 (Fastback) the car is now equipped with a 289cid 600 cfm 4 barrel Holley carb, Edlebrok aluminum intake manifold and the standard 2.75 ring and pinion gear center section was swapped out for a 3.25. We bought it cause he is going through his midlife crisis and wants to "bond" plus this was his first car and he had already got my mom her dream car (1988 Benz 560SL) and everytime something goes wrong its like another $2000 to fix it :confused: there is nothing wrong with the stang but he wants to do some minor engine work too it and i wanna put on some flowmaster racing mufflers to give it a nice sound ;)

Will post pictures later.

Picture
748882_5.jpg

Check out my new 92 GT !

Attachments

• Mustang 1.JPG
    Mustang 1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Mustang 2.JPG
    Mustang 2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Mustang 3.JPG
    Mustang 3.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 128

Notice the last picture, thats why I got it.
5.0 HO with all the goodies: Computer, Full Harnes, all the accesories etc.
And it even has some performance parts, Edelbrock Mas and TB.
Bonus because its a 92, my Ex is a 91.
I can smog it!!!

This was my first car, then i sold it to my dad.

Then
Peeling red paint
200 inline six
interior in bad shape

Now
Fully restored
351W stroker

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 125

oh to be 18 in the seventies :)
I was 7 in 80. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back