My '07 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '07 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4

I like the lifted look, but my ST is a manly maroon color, and thought maybe the black would look ok with maroon than the standard chrome.

I put smoked headlights and 3rd Brake Light (from Recon) on it so far. I plan on painting the grille black or buying a black one, as well as bigger tires and black wheels.

Anyone got pics of modded maroon STs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off, I love your truck. It looks awesome!

I lifted mine as well but I am having problems with the camber on my front wheels as the tops of both front tires are leaning in and the bottom of the wheels are sticking out. Did you experience this issue as well? If so, what did you do to fix it? My shop seems to be stumped as there are no adjustable control arms for our body style.

I lifted mine as well but I am having problems with the camber on my front wheels as the tops of both front tires are leaning in and the bottom of the wheels are sticking out. Did you experience this issue as well? If so, what did you do to fix it? My shop seems to be stumped as there are no adjustable control arms for our body style.

Hi all,

I figured I might as well start up a mods list page for my Trac.

Please drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
- Jamie

Exterior Mods...
32" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
17x8 Mamba MR1 wheels
Ironman grille
AVS window vent shades
AVS low profile bug shield
GTS rear window Shade Blade - removed because tape failed
Tail light guards
Silverstar zXe headlight bulbs
Smoked LED third brake light - On my third brake light now! The LEDs on my 2nd Recon brake light were failing, so I'm on using a different brand now. I'm done with Recon lighting - complete junk!
LED marker lights
LED puddle lights
LED switchback front turn signal/parking lights
LED tail lights
LED reverse lights
LED fog lights

Interior Mods...
LED dome lights (front and rear)

Sound System...
Kenwood DNX890HD all in one nav unit
Infinity Components (front)
Infinity 6 1/2" oval speaks in rear doors
Alpine 300W 4ch amp
Kenwood 500W mono sub amp
Custom sub box w/2 10" JL subs

Suspension mods...
Truxxx 2" lift/level kit

Engine/Electrical mods & upgrades...
K&N FIPK II
Sears Diehard Platinum
Autolite HT plugs

Wish List...
1) Rid my ST of the interior chrome - purchased the carbon fiber sheet from 3M, just need time to do it
2) Replace faded front grille - finished! - updated pics coming soon.
3) front grille guard or bull bar - still not sure about doing this mod yet
4) Hella black magic high beam aux lights - not sure yet, but if I do grille guard/BB, then yes
5) Lamin-X clear headlight and smoked taillight film - purchased
6) Rancho quicklifts & modified upper control arms - not sure about this yet. It's gonna require a lot of $$!

ST_bonestocksideview.jpg

bone stock ...I took this right after I brought her home (well, after a pit stop at the local car wash first :)).

DSC00742.jpg

After Adrenalin/Ironman headlight assembly and Truxxx lift installed.

DSC00747.jpg

How she looks now...

Rear_driversside.jpg

Passside.jpg

Installed my Ironman grille today.

ST_aftergrille_isometricfrontview.jpg

BanGBloW... thanks for compliment and posting the link. I'm currently saving up for a Kenwood model. I'll be a little closer once I sell my old wheels/tires :D

I assume you already sold your rims?

Sorry for the very late reply... I just haven't been checking up on this forum like I used to.

Yes, the camber and toe adjustments were a problem after I installed the lift. Every set of tires I owned would wear on the inside. After running through a set of Duratracs in just over a year, I decided to rotate my tires every 3 months to even out the wear. This helped on my second set of Duratracs which lasted for almost 20 months. I installed what will be my last set of Duratracs this January, and they seem to be wearing much better. However, I am trading in the truck tomorrow, so I won't know how long this set will last. Long story short, there isn't a way to compensate for camber and toe adjustments with the lift.

I decided to buy some fuel D546 Assult
rims
. I figuired long gone. LOL

Back