My Black Interior Project | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Black Interior Project

I did the same thing to mine last year. Grey interior with black dye. Painted the radio bezel body color, along with the two top dash vents, dyed the doors exactly like you did except for the carpet, did the pass airbag cover and vent, glove box, and the piece above my legs. Looks soooo much better. I have to sell that truck now because I took over my girlfriends 00 Mounty.

Mounty has body color painted handles, radio bezel, and dash vents. I am dyeing the same pieces as before brown to go with tan interior and blue paint.

I will get pictures up of both vehicles when I can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anything on this? Help...

Short,

How easy is it to remove the center console like that?

Need to paint console and radio bezel...

What?

Did anyone respond on how to remove that center piece there?

Nope..

Dang! I bet Charlie knows... Chahlie!

Noooooooo! :) Thanks for the answer, I'll try in the morn.

Out!!

Grabbed the holder from the arm rest area and pulled up... figured if it broke, it could be fixed. It has about 8 clips underneath - the two closest to the front are kinda weak - these were already fractured. Will sand down and Krylonit... to match the Kryloned bezel, and the AC control was picked up from the jy - a black one replaced the bright silver one. Hopefully it will look good, and I'll take pics.

Washed and lightly sanded...

Painted... let's see how it looks tomoro. Will it hold up to chips and scratches? Don't know...

This is wear i got the idea to do mine. I see it when i first singed up but could never find it again. I did the door panels, center console, vents, radio thing, and soon the seats. If the dash would come out ez i would do the hole thing.

Helps to conceal...

The interior is soooo bright w/silver trim that you have no way to conceal your items. I'll redo it all in the morning, this was just a test, but this is an example:

AC controls were not painted - that's a replacement...

You can wait for the paint to dry real good (1 week) then polish and wax. That'll help with the scratches.

That looks AMAZING!

Thanks!

You can wait for the paint to dry real good (1 week) then polish and wax. That'll help with the scratches.

That looks AMAZING!

I'll repaint the bezel, I'm just testing it out before I mess it up... I repainted the cup holder with Valspar(?), Lowes didn't have Krylon. I'll post pics when it's all together - ;):thumbsup:

VHT Vinyl Dye, can be purchased at SummitRacing.com

DSC00237.jpg

Paint to match center console with undercoating in the cubby and cupholders. Works perfect! Hold the undercoat can about 12-16in away when spraying.

DSC00244.jpg

Back