My Body Work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Body Work

I have been waiting on the time to do this and now that it is getting warmer i now will be able to start to do my body work. I have already removed the emblembs, wiper arm and motor, and the wiper rest. I am filling all this in hopefully in the next few days.
rear-hatch.jpg

I plan to get this painted on my rear hatch:
38.jpg

I have a few other places i need to fix. You can see the one by the tail light very well here but i need some ideas on how to get this out.
rear-dent.jpg

And for my last little bit of work i have to fix my cancer spot:
Rust.jpg

Not going to get it perfect because i am putting truckbed liner from the black trim down.
For the front end i need to get a new hood or fix this one. I had a tree get inbetween the bumper and the head light on the drivers side. I can get a new one for 75 so i can always just replace it easy. I have also put truck bed liner on my grill. I have to do the parts around the lights.
Front-end-work.jpg

The rest of the truck will get a little body work and then i am painting it this summer. I will be painting it like the tennessee state trooper explorers. Tan and black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Boy your truck does'nt like inanimate objects does it?;) first it was a truck now trees:scratch:
as far the rear gate ya gonna keep the t-handle and lock cyl or is it all going to be smooth?

well anyways good luck and have lots of patience and elbow grease:salute:

Yeah it got to liking inanimate objects for a while. The tree was before the truck so i hope the truck was the last item to hit.

For now im keeping the t-handle and the lock. I thought about it and dont have the money for now. Unless someone has some way to keep it cheap.

you are gonna weld the emblem holes right ?

Yep. Then ill do a thin coat of filler after the welds have been cleaned up.

That is what i should do. This is my first try at body work. Im trying to do all of it I can. I was about to pm you about the filler.

see my thread body work 101

it is a stickey in the body work section

What can i do to get rid of the key lock and the t-handle?

bondo over the holes or you could fiberglass the holes.

It will crack and wont last and i meant to be able to use my door. I need a way to open the door and the window with the t-handle removed. I can unlock it with the electric lock but how do i open the window and door.

You are right it needs to be welded for reliability.

Let me brain storm on the T handle. I think I might have a soft touch pad from a Volvo in my tool box at work but where and how to implament it.....

You are right it needs to be welded for reliability.

Let me brain storm on the T handle. I think I might have a soft touch pad from a Volvo in my tool box at work but where and how to implament it.....

Thanks I have looked at it a little but not sure what would work. Never done this. lol

I shaved my rear hatch....

And I can open the rear hatch....OR the rear glass....my choice....

Ryan

Burns....

That information has to be be de-classified.

The last time I gave out information and plans, I was robbed of my idea....and never given credit.

Ryan

Im not going to steal your idea and not give you credit. Everyone can read that you would be giving me the plans. This is what the site is for. To help others out. You have me bummed that some knows and is afraid to share the info.

The solution is very simple. You just have to think out the entire process. Electronics are even optional on this project....NOT required at all!

Ryan

The solution is very simple. You just have to think out the entire process. Electronics are even optional on this project....NOT required at all!

Ryan

It may be simple but im not getting it. I need mine to be electrical.

Burns....

That information has to be be de-classified.

The last time I gave out information and plans, I was robbed of my idea....and never given credit.

Ryan

Thats pretty lame, are you in the body work business that you could make money off of the knowledge, otherwise what good does it do you to not divulge the answer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What can i do to get rid of the key lock and the t-handle?

You know how the post '97 Explorers have the pull tab thingy under the license plate trim? I bet you could mount two small pull tabs under the lip on the bottom of the gate where you reach in to open the gate and hook it to the window and gate latches.

Back