My First Explorer, 2000 EB | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

As per the instructions above here's the info:
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 5.0
I'm from Parsons KS and you can contact me easily through a PM here.

Well, they aren't good pics. They were provided by the seller using a cell phone. But this is my 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. I am going to "visit" it today at the sellers house and pull the radiator. My next day off I get to install a new one (would do them both today, but had to order the radiator). Jon (Turdle) has already provided me with the link to the radiator replacement thread. (Thanks again Jon)

Mods will be slow due to funding and the need to finish putting an engine in my other vehicle (seen below). Probably just go with exhaust and slightly more aggresive tires when funds allow. Any suggestions for basic upgrades? LOL I'm a seasoned Veteran with Thunderbirds, but a newbie with Explorers.

Explorer01.jpg

Explorer02.jpg

Explorer03.jpg

Explorer04.jpg

Explorer05.jpg

Explorer06.jpg

Explorer07.jpg

My other vehicle can be seen here:

GT_Touched_SM.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the booster shocks mounted last night, then did the torsion twist. got about 2" of lift in the back and 1.5" lift in the front.

Attachments

• ExplorerLift02.jpg
    ExplorerLift02.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 447

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What's this crap I heard about you selling your Bird? :thumbdwn::eek::(

Don't worry.. haven't given up on birds entirely. My wife has a very nice low mileage 97 sport. :)

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Picked up a rear driveshaft for the swap to 4WD. :)

I got a shifter yesterday... so now I have the Tcase, the driveshafts, and the shifter.. just need the smaller miscellaneous items like ujoints etc.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141017_175837.png
    ForumRunner_20141017_175837.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 409

I got a shifter yesterday... so now I have the Tcase, the driveshafts, and the shifter.. just need the smaller miscellaneous items like ujoints etc.

You are almost there!

You still need to get the part between the shifter and t case though. Not sure what it is called, but it acts as a linkage. Shown in this picture here

linkage.jpg

Hmm.... if its flat and straight could one be made from a piece of steel?

Ok, I found a linkage at the local salvage yard. Owner said there might be one still attached to a transfer case, I'd have to look at all of them and see... lol Anyway, I found one that looks right but it came from a transfer case from a 96 F150. Looks to be the right length, its 7" long and has a hole center to hole center length of 6.5". Sound right to anyone else? (by the way, when I told Greg (the salvage yard owner) that I might have found one, he just said "Ok, hope it works". and I was on my way... no charge. :) Gotta love livin in a small town...

Thank you friend... :)

Ohh what a week. My wife's Tbird wouldn't start at work (A 35 mile drive from home). I drove out there and found a broken rod in the steering column. So we towed it home and I began the process of replacing the steering column. She drove the explorer to work Wednesday and I walked. She pulled out of the garage to pick me up from work and clipped the mirror on the garage door so now I get to fix that as well. I got the steering column out yesterday and the new one in place when a circuit breaker in the garage blew, and it can't be reset... not sure its even blown.. but no power to the garage lights or outlets so I can't work on finishing up the car. Yea... great week so far! LoL ok.. rant over. :)

I hate those kinda days.

Mike, you might try unplugging everything in your garage, and unscrew alll light bulbs. remove all load from the circuit, then re try the breaker.

Breakers do go bad, hopefully that is the issue. Do you have a locke supply nearby?

That's what I'm thinking is bad breaker. We have an Ace Hardware that may have a replacement. But I'd have to pull the old one to have for comparison. Hadn't thought of taking all the load off first, might give it a shot. Thanks for the tip.

LoL I'm embarrassed to say what the problem was. It was the GFI outlet that was thrown. I just pressed the reset button. In my defense, I'd never heard of a GFI outlet shutting down an entire circuit, just the outlet itself. Once I had power, finishing up the car repair was easy and quick.

Got new lights for the truck. Pretty bright for cheapies from Ebay (a lot brighter than the factory high beams). Now I have to clean up the factory lights. And for some reason my fogs chose now to stop working... If its not one thing its another. lol

Lights01_zpswilzty47.jpg

Lights02_zpsuqjj405r.jpg

Thanks a bunch...

The Explorer loaded with 1800 lbs of sand and paving stones... New sidewalk on the way.

ForumRunner_20150508_181620.png

Definitely need the sidewalk.. LoL

ForumRunner_20150508_181811.jpg

The Explorer unloaded. I know i heard her sigh with relief.. LoL

ForumRunner_20150508_181830.jpg

OK. I have all i need to do the 4x4 Tcase swap. Just got a shift boot from a 98 F250 on eBay. Now all i need is time... LoL and good friends. :)

Back