my new 2000 Mountaineer 5.0L grandpa edition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my new 2000 Mountaineer 5.0L grandpa edition

2000 Mountaineer V8 118k miles

picked this up four days ago. these pics are from the sellers listing.

I have since removed the running boards, removed bug deflector replaced or tightened a couple of exhaust manifold bolts which eliminated an annoying exhaust leak, new plugs, lots of soap and water, a few light bulbs, etc.

mx4-51.jpg

mx4-111.jpg

UP---mx4-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ride. Hope you have fun with it. Any plans

mx4-7.jpg

I'm so busy making plans I don't get anything done.

I plan to finish cleaning out all the sticky adhesive junk from this plastic sticker woodgrain business on the interior, and it needs several minor repairs, radio illumination, door handles, locks, autolamp, I plan on looking into a thread about modifying the oil pressure gauge to make it functional, I'd like to remove the huge reflector on the tailgate.....

Nice truck. Looks like you have some rear bumper rust issues, though. Gonna change that out or sand it down and paint it?

I got the same issue. I actually kicked it while BSing w/ someone and put a hole right through it. Nice truck though..I like the mounaineers a lot.

nice mounty

Man they love their salt in Minnesota. That bumper is FUBAR.
I have close to double that mileage on my '97 Mountaineer and it's not rusted.

As for the reflector I think it is bolted on. It is on my '97. You'll have to remove the inside panel to access the nuts.

Nice truck. Looks like you have some rear bumper rust issues, though. Gonna change that out or sand it down and paint it?
I'm still considering my options here, I'm not really a 'pretty' truck kind of guy, so I think I may sand it and paint it, along with my rusty rocker panels with bedliner, Like I've seen others do. I'd like to find a grey bedliner product that matches, so I don't have to paint the whole lower panel.

Man they love their salt in Minnesota. That bumper is FUBAR.
I have close to double that mileage on my '97 Mountaineer and it's not rusted.

I park on the street in the city like everybody else in my neighborhood, snow removal suffers as a matter of logistics, at the very best it takes 3 days to clear every street, and they salt the place like crazy

mounty8.jpg

mounty7.jpg

mounty6.jpg

mounty5.jpg

mounty4.jpg

mounty.jpg

mounty2.jpg

to do list

Remove running boards- done
repair/paint rocker panels
repair/replace tailgate and rear wiper arm
ball joints- done
alignment- scheduled- done
pass. power door lock -sprayed with break free CLP a few times- fixed
door keys- sprayed with CLP- Just were fouled up- repaired
auto lamp doesn't turn on lights
can't read radio station- replaced power board- works now
fog light illumination on switch- replaced bulb with radio shack bulb for 2 bucks
1 speedo illum bulb out
remove plastic 'woodgrain' - finished need to clean up some more adhesive
address rear bumper rust
bang out some minor dents

8-15-10
headlight switch - You mean that thing lights up?? guess I need to replace another bulb
armrest cover is cracked just like everybody else- are those replacement kits worth the time putting In to re-cover it? I'll take a gamble.

Good god...Got some rust issues. I know about the mid-west salt usage. At least utah's not half as bad...

Good looking mounty. Got a good to-do list. Good luck cleaning it up.

Back