my truck's now a true "OFF ROAD 4X4" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my truck's now a true "OFF ROAD 4X4"

I think they look ok but i agree with some of the others that the pass. side one looks wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it would look twice better if you removed the pinstripe. It would give it a cleaner look where the signs are. Also, instead of 2 lines put all the words in one line. Just my personal taste/opinion. :)

wow, $22 a piece. i need to start selling stickers past the site ones and keep the cash. i'd have sold you both of those for $20 assuming we had the color.

look fine to me. doesn't really look awesome or ugly. just looks like they came that way honestly. hope you like it!! that's the point.

and please don't put an FX4 sticker on an explorer.

thank's guy's..here's some new daylight pic's
the 4x4 decal's are going to go before the pin strip..lol
2004-02-19_002.jpg

2004-02-19_006.jpg

2004-02-19_008.jpg

they blend in to much with my green for some reson..you have to look at them right of else they arent there..i don't like that..but i got them nothing i can do now

2004-02-19_011.jpg

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
i got them at my local dealer..retail is $36 a decal..but i got them for $22 a decal $50 somthing alltogether

For stickers? That's a bit much if you ask me... I woulda saved and used the money for a better mod...

thye where the cheapest on top of that..it was only $50..and i this it was WELL worth it!

Originally posted by MACP34
looks good AK. Definitely unique because ive never seen an X with those decals on it. :)

What do you mean have you never seen my ofroad rig??

9485side2.jpg

Ignore the dent its beauty marks

9485side3.jpg

yeah jack but does it say "OFF ROAD 4X4"?..nope so mines more off road then your's.. naw naw nen nawna LOL

alaskan jack has the battle scars to the left of the 4x4:D

i know..i saw them..ugly nasty dent's scratches..

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
i know..i saw them..ugly nasty dent's scratches..

but you truck is a, and i quote "true OFFROAD 4X4" if it truely an offroad 4x4 you are going to get some dents and scratches, its the name of the game. you truck is way to clean to ever look like an offroad rig.

18335HPIM0124.jpg

:p

i am workin on it

well maybe if i could off-road it it would have some dent's..BUT I CAN'T DRIVE alone..so that goes out thew window..soon as i get my licn i will take it on some of my fav trail's..ect..but i CAN NOT right now..not for the next year and 2 month's

SO FEEL GOOD THAT YOU CAN..cause some of us can't

and what's wrong with having a clean truck?..you guy's just lazy?..it can be a off-road looking truck(and be taken on trail's) and be clean too..just cause it's clean don't mean it's a pavment qeen:mad:

Dang, dude, calm down. There's no need for arguments here. Everyone has a right (it's a negative right, btw...at least from what I've learned in ethics class :D) to their opinions so just leave it at that. There's seriously no need for a shouting match here, especially on this friendly board.

In my opinion, an off-road rig can also be a pavement queen. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It can be muddy and cruddy one day and then looking at its best the next. Personally, I would never take mine offroad because if I screw something up, I'd be out of a car for a while and a lot of money that I don't have out of my wallet.

You telling them lazy is just a bad stereotype. They may be more proud if their rigs are all covered up in mud, scratches and dents all over than being all clean. That might be their style, but there's no reason for criticizing people for being lazy.

And this is my opinion and please, just leave it at that. :)

I always just let my tires and the mud do the talkin'.

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
Dang, dude, calm down. There's no need for arguments here. Everyone has a right (it's a negative right, btw...at least from what I've learned in ethics class :D) to their opinions so just leave it at that. There's seriously no need for a shouting match here, especially on this friendly board.

In my opinion, an off-road rig can also be a pavement queen. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It can be muddy and cruddy one day and then looking at its best the next. Personally, I would never take mine offroad because if I screw something up, I'd be out of a car for a while and a lot of money that I don't have out of my wallet.

You telling them lazy is just a bad stereotype. They may be more proud if their rigs are all covered up in mud, scratches and dents all over than being all clean. That might be their style, but there's no reason for criticizing people for being lazy.

And this is my opinion and please, just leave it at that. :)

aww..no i won't leave it at that..im just as proud to pull up to a clean lifted chevy in my mud covered explorer..it gives that warm and fuzzy feeling..but i like to have it shined up and clean too..i never said they where lazy..i ASKED if they where..BIG differance!!

he came off to me in a VERY bad way..i was just giving what he was giving!!!!! leave it at that

im just sick and tired of this negitive crap!!:mad: :rolleyes:

A kid will always be a kid...:rolleyes: You sound exactly like my girlfriend when she's in PMS city. It's pretty funny once I really really ticked her off. :D

yeah.. that help's my mood ALOT right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im freakin pissed and now im pissed more thank's

to everyone..sooy i just had a REALLY REALLY BAD DAY today..sorry

You asked for opinions, and you got it. If you can't take an opinion, don't ask. If you need to spend $50 on a 4x4 sticker to make yourself feel better, then go right ahead.

There is nothing wrong with having a clean truck. My Exploder had been over 4+ trails all over the west. Prior to my fiberglass projects, I had perfect paint and body. As soon as it warms up again, I will have a quality paint job again. Will that keep me off the trails? Hell no. So I will back you on on wanting to keep a clean truck.

Just don't tell me your 27" tires and stickers are among a true 4x4. Mine's not. I still have an open front so only have a true 3x4.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by NOTAJP
You asked for opinions, and you got it. If you can't take an opinion, don't ask. If you need to spend $50 on a 4x4 sticker to make yourself feel better, then go right ahead.

There is nothing wrong with having a clean truck. My Exploder had been over 4+ trails all over the west. Prior to my fiberglass projects, I had perfect paint and body. As soon as it warms up again, I will have a quality paint job again. Will that keep me off the trails? Hell no. So I will back you on on wanting to keep a clean truck.

Just don't tell me your 27" tires and stickers are among a true 4x4. Mine's not. I still have an open front so only have a true 3x4.

well, if i had $$$ for tires i would allredy have my 31's witch i will be getting some time soon..but for right now the 28's that are on it work..sense it's not getting driven!! it does not matter.....i asked for opinion's on how they looked ON THE TRUCK..nothing else..put people had to just NAG....AND the decal's wherent to make me feel "better" BUT TO SET IT APART FROM THE REST OF THE EXPLORER'S RUNNING AROUND..if you dident allredy figure that out.

Back