my truck's now a true "OFF ROAD 4X4" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my truck's now a true "OFF ROAD 4X4"

Ak LTD Xplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 LIMITED OFF ROAD 4X4
i FINALLY got my offroad 4x4 decal's in!!! what do you think?..i know they don't match the pinstripe like i wanted..but they still look good..i will get some pic's in the daylight after school!!
2004-02-18%20001.JPG

2004-02-18%20013.JPG

2004-02-18%20015.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think they look ok....

however, true 4x4s dont need stickers saying they are a true 4x4

i bet you, that you wont find anything like that on rick/chars X or coryl's.....

Originally posted by jimabena74
i think they look ok....

however, true 4x4s dont need stickers saying they are a true 4x4

i bet you, that you wont find anything like that on rick/chars X or coryl's.....

allway's got to be a downer..im trying to think of way's that set my X apart from the one next to it..and IMO this is a good looking mod that help's me do that..

BTW there's EX's are way lifted and have SAS..easy to see it's a 4x4..mine not so much..even tho every explorer up here is 4x4

you shouldent need stickers to prove it is a 4x4 when you drive by a 2wd stuck in the snow they will know

if you like it thats all that matters man.
don't let others get ya down :)

Looks good, but it looks like you got two drivers side stickers instead of a drivers side and a passengers side sticker.

I like those stickers.

I think Jim likes to be negative, as long as you like it, it's all good!

Here is an idea, don't ask "what do you think?" if you don't want to hear some negative comments also. If you are asking for opinions, you need to be open to all of them.

Now all you need is two of the www.explorer4x4.com stickers from Jasonb they are badass. just do a search.

no they are for the left or right..cause if it was backword's the 4x4 would not be readable..

robb, i do want to know what people think..that's why i asked..i just wanted to know what they think of them on the truck..not wether a 4x4 need's them or not!..but anyhow thank's for the support!

eh? its crooked.....

they look ugly, um jsut pitiful looking........:p

Looks good, i have some 4x4 stickers on my truck, but they are coming off sicne they look like crap...

PEACE

i think he means the 4x4 would be on the other side of the label under the off

I think they look nice, would have moved the 4x4 on pass side to the rear, that would look really good.

A 'true 4x4' would have lockers front and rear.

the next sticker that goes on my X will say mall krawler in big white letter's :D

you sticker's look good :)

Yeah, I meant that the 4x4 should be under the "OFF" on the passenger side.

Looks alright. The problem with that is the color of pinstrips don't match your new decal at all and they clash. Plus, you have an emblem saying you're truck is a 4x4. I think that's very redundant. That's my opinion. :)

Nice work on the stickers, they are custom, don't see any other Explorers with those stickers. Good job on setting yours apart, who cares if you have a 4x4 label? I don't whine at everyone on the boards about having Explorer badging, People should just know that is an Explorer.

Where did you get the stickers from?
I ordered some about a year ago from some smalltime online decal shop and they came out pretty well.

Good job. I like them. I was thinking about doing a similar thing on my X only with FX4 decals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Texplorer
Yeah, I meant that the 4x4 should be under the "OFF" on the passenger side.

no the 4x4 should not be under the "off" these are ford part's and that's the way they are..they are unaversal to ether side(look's at f-150 super crew's with these cecal's..they are exactly the same)

"its crooked" no it's not it's just the angle i took the pic at..daylight pic's soon

i got them at my local dealer..retail is $36 a decal..but i got them for $22 a decal $50 somthing alltogether

the main reson for this is i like them and want a good looking cheap mod to set mine apart from the rest!

i was gonna do FX4 decal's but i dident like the red on green

Back