• Register Today It's free!

Nav. Error

SportCzech

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Navigation fault. Getting message, "navigation not funtioning properly contact dealer." Map nav symbol not moving and there is an icon GPS with an x through it on map. Appears not receiving GPS signal. Any advice appreciated before I go to dealer. Warranty is up. This is actually on wife's 2011 Edge but it is same system as Explorer Sport that I have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried removing and reinserting the navigation card? It likely won't fix the loss of signal but what have you got to lose? You can also try doing the Master Reset from the MFT screen.

Peter

Pull the fuse and do a re boot

Better yet pull the positive side battery quick disconnect blue clip for 15 minutes.

Thanks guys. Actually I did remove and reinsert nav card, also pulled and reinserted fuse. Drove car around neighborhood but still no signal. Then my wife just told me after returning from shopping, nav works. So, one of the two did it. Thanks again. Guess it just needed more time for signal to capture.

Thanks guys. Actually I did remove and reinsert nav card, also pulled and reinserted fuse. Drove car around neighborhood but still no signal. Then my wife just told me after returning from shopping, nav works. So, one of the two did it. Thanks again. Guess it just needed more time for signal to capture.
It sometimes does take a few minutes to get the signal. Hopefully it will remain in a working mode.:)

Peter

Back