Nav Volume

mbushnell

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Just picked up my 2016 Explorer Sport last Monday night.
I'm having issues with the Navigation Volume being too low & barely able to hear it when it says to "Turn left in a 1/4 mile", etc.
I've contacted Ford Customer Support via Phone & via On-Line chat, and both said to go to the Voice Commands in the Systems Settings. I've increased that volume control almost to the max (it's really loud), but seems to have no effect on the Navigation Commands volume, it hasn't appeared to have changed - still too low.
I'm thinking of going up to the dealership on Monday & having them take a look at it.

Any thoughts?

Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When it is speaking turn the volume knob up just like you would for music.

FWIW I have the same problem. If you turn up the volume, when you press the voice command button it's like she's screaming "PLEASE SAY A COMMAND," but, like the OP, when giving turn-by-turn directions she's barely audible.

When it is speaking turn the volume knob up just like you would for music.

Thank you, Jason. I absolutely will try this next time I know she's going to say something. You have to be quick, because she is. Lol. Thanks again. I'll try it.

FWIW I have the same problem. If you turn up the volume, when you press the voice command button it's like she's screaming "PLEASE SAY A COMMAND," but, like the OP, when giving turn-by-turn directions she's barely audible.

Thank you, Jason. I absolutely will try this next time I know she's going to say something. You have to be quick, because she is. Lol. Thanks again. I'll try it.
If it works with the volume knob I'm guessing will also work with the steering wheel control which may be quicker.

Peter

It seems to me the volume level for the 'nav lady' can be adjusted in settings. I could be wrong. :salute:

I was RIGHT! :D Go into settings and find 'voice control'. Volume level at bottom. :D :salute:

It seems to me the volume level for the 'nav lady' can be adjusted in settings. I could be wrong. :salute:

I was RIGHT! :D Go into settings and find 'voice control'. Volume level at bottom. :D :salute:

That did not work. I adjusted the Voice Control about 3/4 of the way up so that it was really loud, but that had no effect on Nav Commands volume - it was still too low.

One of the previous posts on this thread mentioned that while the Nav voice is talking, turn up the volume as though you were adjusting music volume.

That worked.

Mark

Back