Need help lowering my sport even more | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help lowering my sport even more

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
i have a 2001 sport and i took the torsion bolts off...dropped it 1 1/8"
my problem is i'm doing 2" blocks in the back so i want to drop the front even more. what can i do?
I'm running 22x9.5 rims w. 285/35..yes they do rub when the wheel is completely turned but i'll solve that w. a spacer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going through the same problem with my '97 4door, being that you only got 1 1/8" out of backing off the T-bars, it sounds like somebody has already done that to compansate for rear end sag (comman prob. on the Sport's mono-leave set up).

I got 2 1/2" out of mine and that put it resting on the suspension bumpers, so I cut them down to the smallest I can get without hitting the bolts (now I have about 3/4" of travel)

Unfortunatly in order to get any lower you need to do major mods. (air bags or swap front suspension for one out of a car) I'm currantly looking to see if I can get any more drop if I swap it out for a Ranger set up.

I checked out your cardomain profile, do you have pics of your '01 with the current drop?

you shouldn't go much lower than -1.5 to -2 inches without being too hard on the cv joints

same thing goes for lifting, they will wear faster if they are always at an extreme angle

And you want be able to align it as well if you go any lower. Ruin a good pair of tires in a hurry.

And you want be able to align it as well if you go any lower. Ruin a good pair of tires in a hurry.

You got that right! I waited untill I got around to lowering the rear so I could align all four corners, it took me 3 months and my fronts were pooched.

Back