Need Measurement Of '99 5.0 v8 AWD Tranny! HELP!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Measurement Of '99 5.0 v8 AWD Tranny! HELP!!

Savage Wolf

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Airy, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport v8 5.0
Ok... I really need to find out the length of this tranny before I break down and order it, I need the length from the bellhousing to the end of the tailshaft where the transfer case bolts up, I dont need a dead on measurement, +/- 1 inch should be ok
I forgot to mention that I dont know if the other model year v8 awd have the same length tranny or not :(
(pic of a A4LD tranny/t-case but shows what I need measured)
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2WD I can measure but it has to be a 4x4?

FORD CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN

The V-8 is backed by the ford 4R70W or AODE depending on year model, I don't have one out to measure right now but all 4R70W and AODE (basically the same tranny) are the same length for 4-wheel application. Are you trying to change your v-6 for a
v-8. I just curious what are you trying to accomplish by getting this measurement?

ok, I know the 4R70W/AOD-E/AOD case lengths, what I need to know is how long the stock ford '99 4R70W tailshaft length is... reason, so I know if I need to shell out another $500-600 for a new tailshaft/output shaft if the tranny/atlas 2 combo is too long... buying a new tranny + adapter + rebuild to install it = way way too much money

bump

:( still looking for someone with a tape measure to get this for me

bump

Back