• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Need new ECU HELP !!

mamboking

Reaction score
City, State
Quito
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
My ECM died, after having problems with the engine starting and after few seconds dying , no throttle response, fuel system OK, sensors Ok the problem was the ECM !!!

Now this explorer has a rare ECM number F87F 12B 523BA, can not find the part and I don't want to pay over 2.000 dollars to the dealer the question is... is it possible to get a similar ECM and get it reprogramed to the original especifications?

Anybody knows where can be done ?

SORRY the ECM right code is F77F-12A650-BHA taken from the ECM sticker !!!!

Thank you very much ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
have you tried RockAuto? they had a rare ABS computer for a '91 Chrysler mini van that i needed last year. Chrysler couldn't even get one and RockAuto was 1/4 Chrysler's price for a reman (if they could get it).

snoranger

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited on 35's

mamboking

Reaction score
City, State
Quito
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
have you tried RockAuto? they had a rare ABS computer for a '91 Chrysler mini van that i needed last year. Chrysler couldn't even get one and RockAuto was 1/4 Chrysler's price for a reman (if they could get it).

Thank you KODA2000, I´ve tried Rockauto no luck

mamboking

Reaction score
City, State
Quito
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
My ECM died, after having problems with the engine starting and after few seconds dying , no throttle response, fuel system OK, sensors Ok the problem was the ECM !!!

Now this explorer has a rare ECM number F87F 12B 523BA, can not find the part and I don't want to pay over 2.000 dollars to the dealer the question is... is it possible to get a similar ECM and get it reprogramed to the original especifications?

Anybody knows where can be done ?

SORRY the ECM right code is F77F-12A650-BHA taken from the ECM sticker !!!!

Problem solved !!!! second hand ECU reprogramed to the original ECU calibration settings.

Thank you very much ...