Need some of you more experienced guys help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some of you more experienced guys help

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, Oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt 4.0 SOHC
Ok i have a flowmaster 40 (2 1/2" in/out)with my stock tailpipe. I have 8 ft of 2 1/2" pipe. Now i want to redo the tailpipe so its like straight pipe with as few bends as possible, i know ill have to bend it over the axel but thats ok. I do not have a pipe bender though. Is there any way i can make that happen? and if i can, can some draw a picture use CAD or what have you for a visual aid?

Thanks yall

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya when it exits the muffler run it strait back and just before the tire turn it out the side. If you hide the muffler well you wont see it. That would be the most direct or strait pipe i think you can do.

the problem lies in the fact that my muffler ends after my tire starts
So i would have to make like a J shape to make it exit before the tire, thats why i was leaning towards a straight pipe out the back

oo ouch i see :( hmm im not sure if your spare would be in the way but you could go up and over the axle and just go strait back with it. Do you have a welder or are you going to have it done?

First off im taking my spare out and throwing it in the hatch, and i personally cannot weld but i have a buddy who can weld for me and i would not be takin it to a shop

Back