Needing some extra advice on my 2011 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Needing some extra advice on my 2011 Explorer

LordTerriikk

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey mates, I did some work on my Exploder today, and part of that was checking the AC refrigerant as my AC isn't blowing cold air at all. The gauge showed that the system was full but no cold air comes out. The person helping me stated that he could hear the compressor switching on. I am not sure what else to look at. I can say that when I looked at the gauge, it was nearing the red line. The other question I had was the rear brakes. My Exploder has disk brakes in the back. I bought rotors for the front brakes but the front rotors were fine, the rear ones not so much. Are the rotors on the back the same size? We didn't take off the back tires to check. Thanks again. Also for reference my engine was swapped from a blown 3.5l to a 3.7l engine.

I double checked the fuses and relay. The fuses are good. The relay looks good on the outside but I lack a multimeter to check if it's good.

There are two sizes of tubes in the AC system, an easy check is to see if the larger of the tubes is cold when the AC is running, maybe the AC is running but you have a blend door issue. No the front and rear rotors and pads aren't the same size.

Thanks for the info on the rotors, I'll exchange the ones I didn't need for the right rear ones. I went back out to check some more parts of the AC system. The Low pressure line never got cold, and the rear AC didn't get cold. I'm thinking it's going to be a expensive repair lol.

Back