Cabinfox

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 ford explorer 4x4 xl
Callsign
.762cabinfox
Hey everyone new to this forum. New to Ford vehicles. The 2 I own are my 1st ford's I've ever touched. Well I guess I screwed myself. I bought 3in coil spacers for 06 ranger 2wd and 2in blocks for the back and 4 New shocks and sway bar links and the uca was nearly impossible to fit back Into the shackle but I took the lift back out I'm not going to drive it that way. I didn't know I had to have extended uca? What can I do? And will this lift kit from this 06 ranged fit on my 92 explorer 4x4? Coil spacers and blocks? And I will buy new shocks for the explorer if this will fit it. Any suggestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blocks would lower the Explorer.

A correct coil spring and shackles for the Explorer would be fairly cheap. I don’t know enough about the Rangers.

Hey everyone new to this forum. New to Ford vehicles. The 2 I own are my 1st ford's I've ever touched. Well I guess I screwed myself. I bought 3in coil spacers for 06 ranger 2wd and 2in blocks for the back and 4 New shocks and sway bar links and the uca was nearly impossible to fit back Into the shackle but I took the lift back out I'm not going to drive it that way. I didn't know I had to have extended uca? What can I do? And will this lift kit from this 06 ranged fit on my 92 explorer 4x4? Coil spacers and blocks? And I will buy new shocks for the explorer if this will fit it. Any suggestions
usually blocks lower an explorer because they are sua. and usually people get 2" coil spacers sonce theyre within range. not sure about a 3" spacer, what is needed for that if anything. and im pretty sure the ranger one will fit i think i remember reading they share suspension, but im
not 100% on that

edit: see rangerX

Parts from an 06 Ranger will not fit a 92 Explorer.

Especially from a coil spring Rwd ranger they never made an explorer like those

Well I was just wondering that's what I get for buying a kit off ebay. I thought maybe it might in some way I wasn't thinking extremely tired this morning so I apologize. The whole lift does fit for the ranger but in order to secure my spindle to the uca it pulls my uca all the way down on the frame and I damaged my inner fender covers using a bottle jack to press the uca arm down enough to secure the pinch bolt. I got some bad info apparently and also I'm really pissed at the seller. It does fit tech but I'm not driving my truck that way. And they aren't blocks I apologize they are? That secure under the leaf springs with u bolts and came with 4 extended shocks. Right now all I've done is keep the shocks on. This whole things started because I needed Lower ball joints. Ended up replacing my entire bushings up and lower ball joints bought that lift. 2 set of sway bar links. Which I still saved money compared to letting a shop do it and I'm wiser now

You keep mentioning uca, which I’m guessing you mean upper control arm? Because a 92 4x4 Explorer does not have upper control arms, or lower for that matter. Explorers 95 and up do. Are you sure of what year Xplorer that you have?
Or are you talking about an 06 Ranger AND a 92 Explorer in this thread?
What is the vehicle you want to discuss?

the lift is on 06 Ranger, COIL SPRING RWD they have a completely different suspension then any explorer
he was asking if the parts will work on his 92 Ex
The answer is nope

spring spacer lifts are never really a good idea, it is always best to go with a longer spring then a spacer

The best way to lift one of those RWD coil spring rangers is with lift knuckles and a 1.5-2" lift coil

You keep mentioning uca, which I’m guessing you mean upper control arm? Because a 92 4x4 Explorer does not have upper control arms, or lower for that matter. Explorers 95 and up do. Are you sure of what year Xplorer that you have?
Or are you talking about an 06 Ranger AND a 92 Explorer in this thread?
What is the vehicle you want to discuss?
Yes the lift I bought is for the ranger only but my 92 explorer is a 1st generation and it does have coil springs on the front but they aren't secured by a control arm. The shocks run directly behind the coil springs that's why I asked . Fell dumb and cheated about the lift for the ranger since I'm not using it so was asking if I could. I'm one of those people who grew up with nothing so if there is an application for it I usually figure it out but I'm educated and have kids I won't do things that jeopardize safety.

It sucks! But it happens
Research is your friend!!
Spacer lifts are never a good idea, spacers should be used simply to level things out or gain a little more clearance

It sucks! But it happens
Research is your friend!!
Spacer lifts are never a good idea, spacers should be used simply to level things out or gain a little more clearance
Yes finding out the hard way but that's life I'm sure I can sell it and re coop half my money hopefully. Now being part of this forum i see which direction to go in. Thanks

Back