New Body lift and Tires, more | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Body lift and Tires, more

Well, I finally got around to getting some pictures up from what I've been doing lately. Since I last added any pics to the site, I have:

Added a 3" Performance Accessories Body lift

Added Warrior Shackles

Swapped out my Toyo Open Country ATs for 33" Parnelli Jones Dirt Diggers

Removed the pinstripe from the center of the body all the way around

Installed several stereo components, including:

JVC CDR/RW Deck w/ remote control and angle adjust

Eclipse 4X6 speakers in all four doors

MTX amplifier to run an MTX 10" sub which has replaced the stock sub in rear pass. side panel. The kit for that also replaced the stock panel cover with a nice black mesh panel cover

Eclipse amplifier to run the 4X6s

Also:
KKM filter
New ford intake pipe
New MAF sensor
New IAC valve
New battery cables and battery
Replaced switched map lights with blue lights
Reverse indiglo gauge panel
All new mats, including a one piece for the whole back seat area

The body lift was done by Mike's Eastern Off Road in Norfolk, Virginia. Those guys did such a good job, I went back to get my tires from them and have them put those meats on. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures in the two days between when I got the lift on and the new tires. The truck looked ridiculous!
I have pics, I just haven't figured out how to post them without linking to another site. If someone can help...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the pics, just upload them to your Elite Gallery, then link them to the thread.

Just hit on the black banner near the top of the screen "New Feature, Elite Explorer Gallery". Once there, I think there is a link to the right top called "Upload Pics". Then you can just upload pics from your HD.

WOW, my memory sucks! But it is something like that.:D

yes, I've already got them uploaded, but to get them into this thread so everyone can see them without looking at my gallery....

Hit "post reply" here, then open another browser window. With the other window, go to your gallery. Just click on your pic in your gallery so that it is fullsize. Then right-click on the pic and go to "properties". Highlight the URL and copy it. Then come back to this window and hit the "IMG" button. In the box, right-click and hit "paste". Repeat this process for all your pics.

Yea, I probably messed that up somehow, but give it a try.:D

10387before3.jpg

:D
You're the genius of the day. I wasted the last hour trying to get that right. Thanks.
In this picture above, I still have the pinstriping on, even though it's a bit blurry, you can see it. This was taken with the 4" suspension lift on, and the 30" Toyos.

10387before2.jpg

Pinstripe is removed

10387before1.jpg

I love the way my rims look, but the offset is bad. I'll be picking up some spacers or new rims soon. Believe it or not, I actually was getting some rub with these 30s.

Here's how she looks now, except I have added altezzas for my tail lights. I'll have pics of that on monday or so. This is with the 3 inches of body lift and shackles to even out the sagging rear.
10387after1.jpg

10387after2.jpg

10387after3.jpg

Hey nice Explorer.
Do you like those Parnelli Jones tires?
I really like mine. They ride nice and they look really cool.

Wow. Those tires look great on your truck. Have you taken it through the mud yet?

Thanks. Yea I took it out into a swampy area by my friend's house out in chesapeake. It did so much better with the new tires in muddy stuff it was ridiculous.
GIJOE- I drive my truck on the road mostly, and I have nothing but good things to say about these tires there. I think you get what you pay for with tires. I haven't tried them in sand yet, but I'm heading down for a camping trip in the outer banks, NC next weekend, so, more to follow on that.

Hey....

I noted that you are in the OBX this week or next....

I am getting my X ready for a trip there myself in September....Got some new 30x9.50 Kuhmo tires for mine....<grin> not as big as the beautys on yours though!

DZ

Originally posted by KevinJTorres
Thanks. Yea I took it out into a swampy area by my friend's house out in chesapeake. It did so much better with the new tires in muddy stuff it was ridiculous.
GIJOE- I drive my truck on the road mostly, and I have nothing but good things to say about these tires there. I think you get what you pay for with tires. I haven't tried them in sand yet, but I'm heading down for a camping trip in the outer banks, NC next weekend, so, more to follow on that.

Sorry, had to go out to sea for a couple weeks. Won't be able to do anything for a while. Soon though.

Just bought...

I just recently bought my 1992 Eddie Bauer Explorer. It has the standard 4.0, leather, power everything, etc. I really like it a lot, but am having a rust situation below the left passanger door. Also, on the otherside, it is starting to rust out a little. Anybody have any cheap and affordable suggestions for this problem? Let me know. Keep in touch. Thanks!

If you mean the loer most part, the rocker panel right in front of the wheel well, wlecome to the club.

Just about every 92-94 Explorer with factory ground effects I have seen has this in some degree.

Before I traded in my 94, I had a moderate case of it.

All you can do is cut out the bad stuff and either weld in new metal or bondo or fiberglass it.....

Seems like a really bad design flaw to me..... a totally enclosed area and then they punch holes at the top to mount the bodywork...holes big enough to let in salt and dirt and water....no drain holes of any kind. What were they thinking??

DZ

KevinJTorres
You ever around Newport News, I could have swore I saw your truck on Warwick Boulevard by CNU. If you're ever in the area you should stop by especially on fri or sat night my fraternity throws some crazy parties!

Back