How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 54 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
53 pages might take me awhile to sift thru...
When I tried to play any of the configurations in the little computer chip section, it wouldn't let me. It says "Sorry, you need an extended license to run this function". The problem is that I already downloaded the extended license with my Hardware ID but my computer wont run the app to open it and I cant find the Activation Code to activate... any thoughts?
As I mentioned. you can use the 'Search' feature at the top right to search within the thread. Just enter a keyword(s) and it will pull up posts with the keyword(s) in them. That will narrow down the posts.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Correction: I "generated" an Extended License with my Hardware ID. It's registered with an expiration date of 4/28/2020. Status says "Active". Under Action, it says DOWNLOAD. When I click it, it says "This app can run on your PC"....

Make sure you upload the key.txt file to the FORScan software. Maybe you did this already?

Where can I find the key.txt file? I've been searching n reading everything I can but I still can't find exactly what I'm looking for. When I use the search button it just brings up a bunch of chit chat and stuff I've already read but didn't help, I can't actually find any step-by-step actions. I've come to the forums because my local Ford dealership doesn't want to change any factory settings because the vehicle is setup "the way it should be".... so forget them! Like I said before, I've never used FORScan and I have no idea what I'm even looking at. That's why I asked specific questions.
My post got lumped into this giant thread, which has tons of info and tons of non-info.... and I just cant find what I actually need.
Is there a YouTube video on someone actually going thru the steps and process so I can see exactly what to do? I've tried to search YouTube but have come up empty...
Thanks
Anthony

Where can I find the key.txt file? I've been searching n reading everything I can but I still can't find exactly what I'm looking for. When I use the search button it just brings up a bunch of chit chat and stuff I've already read but didn't help, I can't actually find any step-by-step actions. I've come to the forums because my local Ford dealership doesn't want to change any factory settings because the vehicle is setup "the way it should be".... so forget them! Like I said before, I've never used FORScan and I have no idea what I'm even looking at. That's why I asked specific questions.
My post got lumped into this giant thread, which has tons of info and tons of non-info.... and I just cant find what I actually need.
Is there a YouTube video on someone actually going thru the steps and process so I can see exactly what to do? I've tried to search YouTube but have come up empty...
Thanks
Anthony
Licence file for ForScan has a .key extension (FORScanLicense.key) and those extentions are autorun and executed by windows by default, try right mouse click and "save link as". Save or copy this file into the FORScan folder under Program Files (x86) folder

Got it right before Thanksgiving (I did do an intro post..) with 33k miles on it. Its got about 36k now.
When I go into the settings on the dash, I have a box that I can check or uncheck for the DRLs but no matter which is selected, the DRLs are ALWAYS on and NEVER off, unless the car is off. I guess that would be the Type 1 Conventual Non-Configurable. I have the Sport model so I don't see why my option isn't working...
What do I need to do to find this "dark" mode?
If I plug in my laptop into the OBD2 is it going to pop right up or do I have to open up FORScan and search?
I have this adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What does HS-CAN / MS-CAN mean?

Please read post #1 in this thread very carefuly, it is easy to comprehend and do open and read all the links provided. It should answer all your questions.
For example to enable Dark mode:
—Dark Mode11-15MYBCM726-08-01x..*zz0=Disabled, 1=Enabled

Just changed the boot screen in my SYNC 3.4 20021.

APIM 7D0-02-01, xxxx **xx xxzz, changed ** to 12. There are other new ones, didn't try them though.

IMG_3373.jpg

Also changed SYNC theme to Ford classic, not sure if that changed anything. Or what Ford timeless looks like.

Also changed SYNC theme to Ford classic, not sure if that changed anything. Or what Ford timeless looks like.
I changed to Lincoln, I prefer beige/gray scheme

Does anyone know if you can enable the adaptive cruise control with radar to 0kph in the ABS module? I see the option, but I don't want to try it unless the 2018 supports this mode. I thought all adaptive cruise control used radar.
1588862308943.png

Does anyone know if you can enable the adaptive cruise control with radar to 0kph in the ABS module? I see the option, but I don't want to try it unless the 2018 supports this mode. I thought all adaptive cruise control used radar.View attachment 315715
No, it requires additional programming on the body control module and a different camera that also includes a laser for low speed operation.

Thanks for that answer PlatinumOwner. I was preparing a reply when you posted. I was wondering if the ABS had anything to do with this other than braking. The BCM seems to be more logical as the controlling factor. Also, was curious as to why the speed is shown in kps and not mph and if the vehicle's units would have had to have been changed to metric for it to work?

Peter

Thanks for that answer PlatinumOwner. I was preparing a reply when you posted. I was wondering if the ABS had anything to do with this other than braking. The BCM seems to be more logical as the controlling factor. Also, was curious as to why the speed is shown in kps and not mph and if the vehicle's units would have had to have been changed to metric for it to work?

Peter

The metric display is just how the settings are read in FORScan and not a reflection on the actual programming of the vehicle.
I realized a couple more things would also be need for adaptive cruise to 0. A new SCCM(Steering column control module) and steering wheel with Resume button functionality would be needed as well.

Does anyone know if you can enable the adaptive cruise control with radar to 0kph in the ABS module? I see the option, but I don't want to try it unless the 2018 supports this mode. I thought all adaptive cruise control used radar.View attachment 315715

You can enable it but it is not going to work anyway.
In order to make it work you need to take all the parts from any totalled vehicle with Stop and Go option (Fusion for example). Still, will be hard to implement, because you have to know what you are doing.

Using forscan how can I add climate control to my instrument panel?

Using forscan how can I add climate control to my instrument panel?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one regarding FORScan mods.

Peter

install a new OME Camera how can i get the lines back that turn with the wheels

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

install a new OME Camera how can i get the lines back that turn with the wheels
Since you are in this thread I'm guessing you have FORScan?? I read through some of the posts here and did not see any referencing the needed changes to activate the lines. But a new camera needs to be programmed to the vehicle.

Peter

Back