- September 18, 2017
- Reaction score
- City, State
- State College
- Year, Model & Trim Level
- 2017 Limited/2005 XLT Spt
I'm looking to enable global close on my 2017 Explorer Platinum, already having global open factory-enabled. It doesn't make any sense to me to have global open without also having global close. I tried the below - having referenced this, the above posts, and the linked spreadsheet - and please need some additional review:
As-is, I've already changed the 3 BCM parameters, but have not yet touched the DDM or PDM ones - and do not yet have global close working, nor have I observed any other change in functionality.
- BCM 726-17-01 : Was factory set to 0000 0000 0045 . I assume this is the global close? Changed this to 0101 0101 014A .
- BCM 726-17-02 : Already was set to 0101 0101 014B . I assume this is the global open.
- BCM 726-30-01 : Was factory set to 0003 0000 0061 . Using x*x*, guessing the first * is global close, and the second is global open? Changed this to 0303 0000 0064.
- DDM 740-05-01 : Was factory set to 9A00 E7 . The spreadsheet says to have "1=Disabled, D=Enabled" for *xxxx - so my current setting don't match either here.
- PDM 741-05-01 : Was factory set to 9A00 E8 . Same as above.
Do I need the DDM and PDM settings? ("Driver Door Module" and "Passenger Door Module", so I suppose so.) If so, are there specific bits (binary) that I need to append or remove from the 1st nibble here? 0x9 = 0b1001, and 0xD = 0b1101. So I'm thinking 0xD will effectively just OR (add) the 0b0100 here (to the 0x9 I already have), and probably for the same rationale as the above - where the first bit is maybe for "global open" (already enabled), and the second bit is maybe for the "global close" that I'm looking to enable?
Both front windows (driver and passenger) are auto-open/auto-close ("one touch"), so they should have the proper hardware for this - correct?
Edit: Attempted the DDM and PDM settings as well (as noted above), and now my global close is working as well. Realized it is a bit tedious to test, though - even just with the global open. There seems to be a delay during which the global open/close doesn't work since using it last.
I was wondering if you got this to work? I was looking to do the same thing with my 2017 Limited. But I couldn't find any reference to it working and just thought I'd ask before I start the procedure.
If you have the time, you might be able to help me on another upgrade that I would like to try - the DSP module. I'm looking to move up to the platinum sound (if possible). Do you have the part numbers for your DSP, APIM, and ACM? I thought I would start there and see which have different base numbers.
Anyway, I would appreciate any information... especially if you were successful with the Global Open/Close.