New Grilles and Spinners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Grilles and Spinners

philipb123 said:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/773451

Finally out of the body, accident...

Oh and if you don't like spinners, don't say anythin cause I don't give a ****.

Thanks for lookin

I gotta say, it looks really good... I wouldnt do anything else to it, personally or you risk going overboard. I just got an 05 XLT a week ago and you are a real inspiration for some mod ideas. I just got a navigator type grille (not as nice as the one they make for the F150, but oh well). You had a better foundation to start out with though, I have a bunch of black trim on my mineral gray paint. If you have any good ideas for me, let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Garfield said:
I gotta say, it looks really good... I wouldnt do anything else to it, personally or you risk going overboard. I just got an 05 XLT a week ago and you are a real inspiration for some mod ideas. I just got a navigator type grille (not as nice as the one they make for the F150, but oh well). You had a better foundation to start out with though, I have a bunch of black trim on my mineral gray paint. If you have any good ideas for me, let me know!

i just got my 05 beginning of may. ive been using serek and flik for ideas for the exterior. i have a black xlt and theirs are black also, theyre my inspiration, lol. as far as ideas for mods go, id look on car domain at some of 02+ ex's. there are a lot of good ones on there. check on mine sometime by going to the 2005 ex's. its the black one that has the jl system. rate me if u want too :D

looks pretty good :thumbsup:
if i lose my cheese grater, i'm gonna head over to your house.
oh, and aviators are dressed up explorers with a more powerful motor, while navigators are based on expeditions with the same 5.4L. they arent the same in general,fyi.

Thanks guys. Sorry I've been gone, moving July 8th so things have been busy around me.

Next thing up, and probably close to being the last thing, is the aviator chrome window trim.

n3m3s1s: i meant looks wise...

philipb123 said:
n3m3s1s: i meant looks wise...
i'll bet you get VW beetles and audi TT's mixed up too...

hehe im j/k

im moving soon too, post up some pics when you are done with the trim.
im a big fan of the aviators. :thumbsup: just slightly out of my price range. :eek:

:p

Will do. Just ordered some yesterday, says the order is still processing so I'm not sure what's up. I wish the inside of the X was as nice as the Aviators. With how much I paid for my X I coulda get an Avi, but this was better for carrying things around (no 3rd row seat)

i dont like spinners, but that doesnt look that bad.....

fromme said:
I don't like the spinners. :thumbdwn: ;)

either do I ...

seen yesterday a checy cavalier with spinners..

that is just so wrong...

c'mon guys...

philipb123 should have said instead
"oh and if you dont like spinners, dont post."

im not the best at following the 'dont be negative' rule, but it's usually because someone makes a poor excuse or says im wrong.

i've been nearly ashamed to link some friends to some threads on here because of all the crappy posts in them.

davidmmm69 said:
either do I ...

seen yesterday a checy cavalier with spinners..

that is just so wrong...

Nevermind, I saw a beatup Aerostar family minivan with them yesterday. Walmart quality too. I wish I had a video camera for that one. :eek:

I've seen plenty of wal-mart spinners. :thumbdwn:

-Drew

celly said:
Nevermind, I saw a beatup Aerostar family minivan with them yesterday. Walmart quality too. I wish I had a video camera for that one. :eek:

What kind of person actualy think that looks good.

The reason I said to not post if you don't like spinners is because it's a waste of my time, and yours. If you don't like spinners, that's not going to change anything on my end.

I was just being sarcastic, I posted because you said not to post. But you have to have thick skin to post a picture of your rig on a public forum, because someone out there isn't gonna like it and give thier opinion when you ask. Even if you only ask for the opinions that you want to hear.

That's true. Just I remember a lot of people here don't like spinners. Oh well.

How is that Magnaflow exhaust? Did it gain more hp/mpg where you can tell the dif? Also that intake? Those are the next things I wanna do with this X.

Exhaust is great, nice deep tone, louder outside, not inside. I don't notice any more power, but gas mileage is up 1mpg with the exhaust and filter. I didn't put a cold air intake on, just a replacement filter and took the restrictive nose off the box.

I like those spinners. They Look nice; although it’s a lot to pay for jewelry.

Not a big fan of the spinners myself, but to each his own. There's actually company's that rent those..... :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a company that rents spinners to people? lol never heard of that.

I'm thinkin of getting an intake and exhaust, but I'm not sure if they only add 1 mpg... As for sound, the V8 doesn't sound too shabby right now, but could be better as always

Back