Hey Check it out amp install sub.. new grilles....rate My X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey Check it out amp install sub.. new grilles....rate My X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like your wallpaper background the best. J/K. Nice Explorer and the amp looks good. Does it stay cool enough?

nice grilles, whered you get em?

What?............there was a truck on that page?

All I saw was Anna!:D

Robb

BTW: The setup looks nice

get em

Hey,
thnx i been workin a bit to make her look diff. than every other X.

I got the grilles on ebay. It's actually just the material and i cut them myself and painted the original black so it would show up. Here's an example of what it's made of. You can see it in the background.

Dead Link Removed

later

Air for Amp.......Decal or NO??????

As for the amp......

in that side well the amp is mounted right above the wheel well. I Drilled some holes and made a funnel under the well. That way as i drive air is sucked through the holes and cools the amp.....

if u like the wallpaper.....lol u should see my room...i got a wall of posters!!

What do you guys think???????

take the front decal off or no?????

Lemme know any suggestions..... thanks

Yeah remove that EXPLORER decal and get a www.Explorer4x4.com sticker if you must run a windshield banner, probably look better without it.

How do you keep water from the tire from getting in your amp comaprtment? Thats a great idea....I have myamp mounted in a similar location (Bronco II) and itoverheats, so I may steal your idea if you dont mind, easier then installing a fan etc...

take idea

Hey,

i don't care if u take any ideas.....that's what the forum is for.... there's a metal piece under the well that acts as a vacumm. And it would be nearly impossible to get water in through it. unless u're wading in it........lol

Well consider it stolen. I just gotta find a place to tap into my wheel well thats up and out of the way and then I'll cut a hole...thanks for the idea and nice amp rack/cover!

hey thanks ........

leave me some suggestions at my site

i am 15, and this may sound like non-sense, but if someone were to worry about the water from the holes getting into the amp compartmen couldn't you use this alternative?--->(my idea)--->Okay, on Yosilky's amp compartment there is a what looks to be a plexiglass cover, if you wanted the amp to stay cool, could you cut out 4 1inch holes and place little fans in there? I've seen these little electric fans that would circulate air through, i am going to do about the same to my X and was just wondering about my idea.

Idea

Hey,

your idea is good....... the problem is it's super hard to cut plexiglass by yourself.........and i have enough electrical stuff running so i wouldn't wanna do anything else....but the way mine is rigged im deff. not thinking about water getting inside

i like the amp enclosure...where did you get the plexiglass and how did you cut it to fit in that space?

I got the plexiglass at a local glass shop and they helped me out on how to cut it..........check your local ship it's hard to explain. Don't let them charge u over $35 I got mine for $20 but that was cheap compared to tap plastics $80 quote.....

Could u do a writeup on your amp install??

Very nice, very, very nice!!!!

Oh, and your truck looks good also. :D

The best way I have found to cut plexiglass is by taking regular box tape and making it center on your cut lines. Use a pen/pencil and draw the lines on the tape. Then use a bit for cutting metal or aluminim in your jigsaw, and go very slow and not at full power. The bits for those have more teeth, and if you run it wide open, it heats the plexiglass and gets in the teeth. Don't know how many times I have cut plexiglass that way. Have only broken 1 or 2 pieces - usually from going to fast...

Just an idea for you...

Back