EXFAN

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 LTD 4WD
2009, XLT
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum but not Ford Explorers. I just purchsed my 5th Explorer last week a '21 LTD, 4WD, 301a and Rear Entertainment System (RES). Previous Explorers I've owned are an '04, XLE, '06 XLT, '09 XLT, '18 XLT (202a, Safe and Smart Pkg. ) and now the '21. I still own the '09 and the '18 was my least favorite I don't care for FWD in a vehicle as large as an Explorer. However, I really liked the advanced technology such as BLIS and Safe and Smart Pkg features when compared to my '09. Happy the current Explorer is back to RWD. I may have some questions about the RES and hoping some of you have some tips to offer.

So far, we love the new E and we wanted black but with a light interior, bench rear seat NO sunroof and RES if possible. It was a hard to find package with inventories low now but the dealers are still "dealing". I found this E at another dealer 100 miles away and my salesman did a dealer trade with another E and picked it up for me. Good guy and old fashioned service. The "feel" of a 4 cyl compared to a V6 I'm getting used to but there is more power than the '18 we traded.

I've been reading posts here about the Platinum models and we test drove a '21 4WD V6. Although it was very nice and had additional features over the LTD, we didn't like it. The biggest issue was the engine being too loud anything past 1/3 throttle. The ride felt harder too, I'm sure the suspension has some differences with the V6 but perhaps it was the 21" vs 20" tires.

I'm looking forward to posting. This forum looks like a good group with a lot of knowledge to share.

Paul

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum but not Ford Explorers. I just purchsed my 5th Explorer last week a '21 LTD, 4WD, 301a and Rear Entertainment System (RES). Previous Explorers I've owned are an '04, XLE, '06 XLT, '09 XLT, '18 XLT (202a, Safe and Smart Pkg. ) and now the '21. I still own the '09 and the '18 was my least favorite with the exception of the BLIS and Safe and Smart Pkg features. Happy the current Explorer is back to RWD. I may have some questions about the RES and hoping some of you have some tips to offer.

So far, we love the new E and taking it on a 1k mile trip this week. We wanted black but with a light interior, bench rear seat NO sunroof and RES if possible. It was a hard to find package with inventories low now but the dealers are still "dealing". I found this E at another dealer 100 miles away and my salesman did a dealer trade with another E and picked it up for me. Good guy and old fashion service. The "feel" of a 4 cyl compared to a V6 I'm getting used to but there is more power than the '18 we traded.

I've been reading posts here about the Platinum models and we test drove a '21 4WD V6. Although it was very nice and had additional features over the LTD, we didn't like it. The biggest issue was the engine being too loud anything past 1/3 throttle. The ride felt harder too, I'm sure the suspension has some differences with the V6 but perhaps it was the 21" vs 20" tires.

I'm looking forward to posting. This forum looks like a good group with a lot of knowledge to share.

Paul

View attachment 331589

View attachment 331590

View attachment 331591
Beautiful Vehicle..

Although I'm not a fan of black, that's a very nice Limited. I think that the 21" wheel/tire combo would have contributed to a harder ride since there is less flexibility in the sidewall. I believe the ST is the only Explorer with s different suspension.

Peter

Although I'm not a fan of black, that's a very nice Limited. I think that the 21" wheel/tire combo would have contributed to a harder ride since there is less flexibility in the sidewall. I believe the ST is the only Explorer with s different suspension.

Peter
Thanks for the compliments on my choice. We are enjoying it.

Back