Intermittent and Rain Sensing Wipers Not Working '21 LTD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent and Rain Sensing Wipers Not Working '21 LTD

EXFAN

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 LTD 4WD
2009, XLT
Hi Everyone,

On my '21 LTD, the intermittent wipers are not working as well as the rain sensing feature. I've read the instructions in the manual for enabling any features and settings are "on". Any direction is appreciated.

Question: Where is the rain sensing sensor located?

If it matters, I have recently replaced the wiper blades and the windshield was replaced with a Ford OEM part at the dealer.

Center of the windshield behind the inside mirror, suspect when the windshield was replaced they did not wire it correctly or the connector has come loose.

TBill

Hi Everyone,

On my '21 LTD, the intermittent wipers are not working as well as the rain sensing feature. I've read the instructions in the manual for enabling any features and settings are "on". Any direction is appreciated.

Question: Where is the rain sensing sensor located?

If it matters, I have recently replaced the wiper blades and the windshield was replaced with a Ford OEM part at the dealer.
As TBill mentioned, perhaps the dealer did not complete the required programming of the electronic features that are in the base of the rearview mirror. I'd take it back to the dealership and have them check it out.

Peter

Thanks TBill, kinda suspected it could be related to the the windshield replacement. Will post the outcome.

Back