New member with a few Ranger related questions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member with a few Ranger related questions.

little2wdranger

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ranger XLt
Hey guys, I found out about ya'll through therangerstation.com, and decided i would come give it a shot! However i guess the main reason i am here at this very moment is that i need a question answered.

hey guys alright back on april 26th 2006 i put a 3" body lift on my truck with 31's to give it a more "aggressive look". On july 16th 2006 i realized it still looked like a wimp, so i threw on a 4" inch rough country lift and 33" 12.50's. Now the trucks mean right? no. the front sits 2" lower than the rearI went and got stuckin a ditch. that pissed me off, so i put a powertrax lockrite in the rear (oh and did i mention its a 2wd....dont dawg me yet), well that fixed the problem for the most part, but made me realize that with stock 3.08 gears, i was going nowhere fast....(and going through transmissions at the rate of 1 per year if they lasted that long). So i talked to my buddy mark at 4 wheel parts, and got some 4.56's that absolutely 100% cured that problem... But then one day i realized that if i flexed out all the way, my brake lines(stock) whould break. So there i went and got some 8" extended brake lines (i'm getting to why i got them that long). put them on and can flex out without worrying about snapping them! Alright so i go out wheeling one day with 7 other trucks (jeeps, scout, yotas) and here we come to this creek....no wait it wasnt a creek it was more like a frieking river all the guys say you aint gonna make it dude turn around and wait for us to come back. well i was gonna get it through or break it one! So needless to say 2 days later i am the proud new owner of a set of 4" extended skyjacker leaf springs instead of blocks! Well I'm sitting outide one day and start looking at my truck and see the front has sagged majorly over the last 2.5 years, and67,000 miles oh and in the first pic i have about 700 lbs of metal, fishing rods, tacklt box, onboad air in the bed of the truck + a trailer

I have 4" drop brakets on it now, but own a dana 44 6 lug out of an 84 jeep wagoneer (this will be installed in june-july along with transmission, transfer case, new driveshafts, etc

So i want to know can i drop a set of 6" skyjacker coils in the front being that its an extended cab truck, has 150lb subwoofer box, me 325 lbs 6'2" and the 4.0 motor. I just want to eliminate the sag for now until i do the solid axle. Heres some eye-candy
DSC00164.jpg

Jan10_0001-1.jpg

the solid axle

Jan10_0003.jpg

oh and sorry for the long history but didnt want abunch of people asking why i have a built up 2wd!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by michael bessiere : 01-10-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: small pic and mispelling

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

thanks man, you know who i could ask my question to? i got no help over at therangerstation.com

well the 6 inch springs are on! Aligned and everything! its level baby!

...RangerX, The Ranger Moderator, is the local Expert...I'm just a Fanatic Ranger Owner...:D

...Sorry, I just seen this thread...:confused:

...Adding 6" springs is doable and there are variables...Are they new or used???...New ones will sag in a year or two...

...A common fix for this problem is adding F150 coil seats under your front springs...This will give you your ride height back and let you use your now softer springs to flex...It will limit your up travel by the new increased height of about 1 5/8"...For the price, you can't beat it while your waiting to install your Dana44...:biggthump

...For the F150 coil seat info...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187201

Back