New mft update | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New mft update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just spoke with the dealer's service advisor about the V3.5.1 update. He said that he just received the TSB yesterday and was going to pass my query re the update to their technician (Frank) that does this work and he will run my VIN to double check. If I need the update then they will order the A4 card and give me a call to set up an appointment. The dealer has no A4 cards on hand at the moment and will be sending in an order for some.

Dealer just called back and verified that my Explorer requires this update. SD card is being ordered and appointment is set up for next Thursday to install V3.5.1 and A4 card.

Peter

I've only read a little bit so far here so trying to play catch up.

We just bought our 2013 XLT would this require an update as well?
How do I find the version?
At times there are a few things that concern/bother me a little. Browsing for Sirius Stations takes forever and a few times completely locked up the system. I also lose Sirius while in my garage at times. I really haven't taken/had the time to educate myself on the system, however, we have only had it a few weeks.

Thanks

I've only read a little bit so far here so trying to play catch up.

We just bought our 2013 XLT would this require an update as well?
How do I find the version?
At times there are a few things that concern/bother me a little. Browsing for Sirius Stations takes forever and a few times completely locked up the system. I also lose Sirius while in my garage at times. I really haven't taken/had the time to educate myself on the system, however, we have only had it a few weeks.

This update is not "required" but does improve performance across the entire system. You can look on syncmyride.com for the installed version of My Ford Touch on your vehicle.

In most places Sirius will not work in an enclosed area (garage) because the antenna would need to be able to have line of sight access to the satellites, in some urban areas Sirius has some ground repeaters that will improve access where buildings and structures may block the antennas view of the sky.

Thanks,

Just checked and I have the older version. I'll have the dealer update during the 1st complimentary oil change.

Thanks,

Just checked and I have the older version. I'll have the dealer update during the 1st complimentary oil change.
Just make sure that you call ahead and confirm that the dealer has the A4 SD card for you.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride.:thumbsup:

Peter

Hmmm, I just had my EX at the dealership on 11/2/12. They replaced the APIM module again, second time being replaced. (third one in the car, original, replacement, replacement) and there was no mention of the TSB or new NAV card. I took it in this last time because of NAV issues, touch inputs not registering, washed out screens, etc., blah, blah, blah...same stuff, different day.

Guess I'll need to call them up and take it back in again. Roberts gonna love it when I do

On my service order from the other day, it states:

"12M01B replace APIM Assy"
"24540 perform recall 12M01B replaced APIM"

I'll have to call up dealership again.

Hmmm, I just had my EX at the dealership on 11/2/12. They replaced the APIM module again, second time being replaced. (third one in the car, original, replacement, replacement) and there was no mention of the TSB or new NAV card. I took it in this last time because of NAV issues, touch inputs not registering, washed out screens, etc., blah, blah, blah...same stuff, different day.

Guess I'll need to call them up and take it back in again. Roberts gonna love it when I do

On my service order from the other day, it states:

"12M01B replace APIM Assy"
"24540 perform recall 12M01B replaced APIM"

I'll have to call up dealership again.
I believe TSB 12-11-1 was only released yesterday. Before you take it in make sure that they have the A4 SD card in stock.

Peter

Wow! There's already a V3.5.1? Ford Philippines is truly behind the MFT update. We're still using v3.0.2.

@Peter: Sorry, what is the A4 card?

Wow! There's already a V3.5.1? Ford Philippines is truly behind the MFT update. We're still using v3.0.2.

@Peter: Sorry, what is the A4 card?

The A4 card is the most up-to-date Navigation data SD-Card

The A4 card is the most up-to-date Navigation data SD-Card

Thanks Vince! :)

That's why I know nothing of this A4 card because NAV is not offered here. :thumbdwn:

Just got my explorer 2011 limited back from dealer after they installed the latest mft update V3.5.1 . I thought they were going to install 3.2.2 I have had it for one day now and I have not had any problems, I like the new clock and temp on top screen. NICE> It seems like its a lot faster and does not bog down when changing different screens. Time will tell.

Are these updates for everyone or just people with problems? How do I find out what version I am running now? I took my explorer to my dealer because my dash clock stopped working and asked them to do the update. They looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Are these updates for everyone or just people with problems? How do I find out what version I am running now? I took my explorer to my dealer because my dash clock stopped working and asked them to do the update. They looked at me like I had 2 heads.
Your account on www.syncmyride should tell you which version you have. If you didn't install the previous V3.2.2 software then I would guess you are still on version 3.0.2. There is a link to the actual TSB in one of the posts. The TSB shows it for 2011 - 2013 Edge, Explorer. If you have navigation you will also need the new A4 SD card.

Peter

Your account on www.syncmyride should tell you which version you have. If you didn't install the previous V3.2.2 software then I would guess you are still on version 3.0.2. There is a link to the actual TSB in one of the posts. The TSB shows it for 2011 - 2013 Edge, Explorer. If you have navigation you will also need the new A4 SD card.

Peter

Where I can find the A4 card?

just updated and my weather map in travel link is updating! gas stations are updating as well!

You need to be somewhat forceful with some of these dealers. They often know less then the customer and will say no at the drop of a hat. I dont give them an option, just tell them your making an appointment for the update and they need to get your A4 SD card ordered. Go right to the service Manager if need be.

If that fails change dealers.

Its not unreasonable to ask for the latest software in order to maintain functionality and take advantage of new features.

You need to be somewhat forceful with some of these dealers. They often know less then the customer and will say no at the drop of a hat. I dont give them an option, just tell them your making an appointment for the update and they need to get your A4 SD card ordered. Go right to the service Manager if need be.

If that fails change dealers.

Its not unreasonable to ask for the latest software in order to maintain functionality and take advantage of new features.

i called my dealer adviser and he have no clue what im talking. he said there is no update software for my car. sigh

i called my dealer adviser and he have no clue what im talking. he said there is no update software for my car. sigh
This does not appear to be unusual. It seems that there is a disconnect between Ford and some of its dealers. That has been an ongoing and common complaint on this forum.
Did you supply your dealer with the TSB number? If I looked at my account on www.syncmyride.com it would not show that there is an update available.
The only reason I'm aware of it is because of this forum. As I've mentioned before, if I had to rely on direct info from Ford for updates, I'd still be on V2.4.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

agreed!!...I am running version 3.0.2 right now. Sync My Ride is no help because the dealer didn't document the upgrade I got in May...it says the last update was 2.11 and that is when it was built a year ago!
My dealership tells me that the upgrade to 3.0.2 was a recall and because I have that I can't get the updates 3.2.2 or 3.5.1 because there would be "performance issues."
He basically told me that Ford does not want everyone walking off the street asking for updates and that there needs to be a problem before it's updated.
I even had Ford Customer Service call my dealership with instructions on what update I needed etc. The service manager still claims it does not apply to me. Blah, Blah, Blah...

Back