New mft update | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New mft update

I love the golden bronze w/peacan interior i get ton's of compliments !! I'm already looking into what will be my next color !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the cooling fan update? If I upgraded with a flash drive did I do the "cooling fan" update? Thanks guys.

No, you have to go to the dealer and get it !!

What is the cooling fan update? If I upgraded with a flash drive did I do the "cooling fan" update? Thanks guys.

Some of the 2011's were identified as having a cooling fan issue. The update is a change to the programming for the fans (when they come on, and for how long), and possible replacement of the fans themselves if they show to be defective or have any signs of possible failure.

Like NEWPORT said, the dealer must do this update for you, the reason it shows up on the sync site is that people that were doing their sync updates and leaving the car idling for 30-45 minutes were experiencing a higher rate of fan failures.

After doing the new update I lost my Nav-GPS. Blank white screen, but arrow was flashing and a red X over GPS symbol. Called tech support and did a master reset...didn't fix the problem. Of course on my way to the dealer for a hard reset this morning, the system started working. I say again these cars have too much electronics.

After doing the new update I lost my Nav-GPS. Blank white screen, but arrow was flashing and a red X over GPS symbol. Called tech support and did a master reset...didn't fix the problem. Of course on my way to the dealer for a hard reset this morning, the system started working. I say again these cars have too much electronics.
It sounds like the Navigation/GPS had a temporary loss of the satellite signal. The red arrow, I believe, would be generated by the Nav program itself while the actual map and GPS indicator would have to rely on the satellite signal.

Peter

Did you have your dealer look at it anyway? If it continues to happen, let me know so I can document it for you and get you into the dealer for testing.

Rebecca

I just got my truck back from the dealer where it was supposed to get the new MFT performance update. They show it being done on my invoice but I notice absolutely nothing different about my MFT, I don't even have the temperature back on the center screen , it is still just the clock. Do I have to select the temp from a help menu or does it reappear on it's own ?. There wasn't anyone to talk to today , I guess I will have to call them on Monday. The only reason I wanted the update as to get the temp back on the center screen, no go though. :(

I just got my truck back from the dealer where it was supposed to get the new MFT performance update. They show it being done on my invoice but I notice absolutely nothing different about my MFT, I don't even have the temperature back on the center screen , it is still just the clock. Do I have to select the temp from a help menu or does it reappear on it's own ?. There wasn't anyone to talk to today , I guess I will have to call them on Monday. The only reason I wanted the update as to get the temp back on the center screen, no go though. :(
When I did my update the temp automatically appeared next to the time. No setting adjustments were required.
I guess one way to check is to see what syncmyride shows as your current verion. If it is still V3.0.2, then I guess you could either run a vehicle health report to see if it updates the info or download the 'status checker' tool, plug it into the MFT and then back into your computer to see if the version updates on your account. If not, then I doubt the update was done.

Peter

When I did my update the temp automatically appeared next to the time. No setting adjustments were required.
I guess one way to check is to see what syncmyride shows as your current verion. If it is still V3.0.2, then I guess you could either run a vehicle health report to see if it updates the info or download the 'status checker' tool, plug it into the MFT and then back into your computer to see if the version updates on your account. If not, then I doubt the update was done.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I will check that and see what shows up, perhaps the update didn't take, but they definitely used some of my fuel during the service so I am sure they ran the truck for the 40 minute update process as there was no other need to use fuel on this service. Thanks for the reply.

My friend picked up his Edge from the dealer today after an oil change and some warranty work. He asked if the rumor of a new, big update for MFT coming soon was true. The guy said that his tech person said that something was coming down the line in a few weeks, some time in November, and that it was supposed to be a pretty big update. Take it for what it is worth, but there you have it :)

My friend picked up his Edge from the dealer today after an oil change and some warranty work. He asked if the rumor of a new, big update for MFT coming soon was true. The guy said that his tech person said that something was coming down the line in a few weeks, some time in November, and that it was supposed to be a pretty big update. Take it for what it is worth, but there you have it :)
I sure hope he is a good friend. Since you posted it, we will hold you to it. It's all on you now Vince. :D

Peter

Hehehe! I won't let ya'll down (if I can help it) :D

I'm just hoping it's true. While we are used to MFT's occasional funkiness, we are also beginning to tire of it. Still love the car (but we'd love it more with a golden MFT :))

If there is an update coming soon I hope it arrives quickly, my 60k km worranty expires soon, and my dealer wants to charge for updates after the warranty period is done. Since they screwed up the most recent update I'm going to tell them they need to give me a free one regardless of my warranty.

Thanks Peter, I will check that and see what shows up, perhaps the update didn't take, but they definitely used some of my fuel during the service so I am sure they ran the truck for the 40 minute update process as there was no other need to use fuel on this service. Thanks for the reply.

If you press the clock, JFUSION, settings will come up and it should give you the option to display the temp in the clock area. If you'd like me to see if they installed the update, please send me your VIN in a private message. :)

@Vince and Peter - :dunno: Before you ask, I cannot speculate. LOL ;)

Rebecca

If you press the clock, JFUSION, settings will come up and it should give you the option to display the temp in the clock area. If you'd like me to see if they installed the update, please send me your VIN in a private message. :)

@Vince and Peter - :dunno: Before you ask, I cannot speculate. LOL ;)

Rebecca

I know better to even try anymore :)

I know better to even try anymore :)
I just spoke with the dealer's service advisor about the V3.5.1 update. He said that he just received the TSB yesterday and was going to pass my query re the update to their technician (Frank) that does this work and he will run my VIN to double check. If I need the update then they will order the A4 card and give me a call to set up an appointment. The dealer has no A4 cards on hand at the moment and will be sending in an order for some.

Dealer just called back and verified that my Explorer requires this update. SD card is being ordered and appointment is set up for next Thursday to install V3.5.1 and A4 card.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back