New mft update | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New mft update

agreed!!...I am running version 3.0.2 right now. Sync My Ride is no help because the dealer didn't document the upgrade I got in May...it says the last update was 2.11 and that is when it was built a year ago!
My dealership tells me that the upgrade to 3.0.2 was a recall and because I have that I can't get the updates 3.2.2 or 3.5.1 because there would be "performance issues."
He basically told me that Ford does not want everyone walking off the street asking for updates and that there needs to be a problem before it's updated.
I even had Ford Customer Service call my dealership with instructions on what update I needed etc. The service manager still claims it does not apply to me. Blah, Blah, Blah...
I have found that in many cases it is up to the vehicle owner to report the upgrade when it has been done. That can be either through running the Vehicle Health Report (VHR) or using the Status Checker Tool on syncmyride. Since we in Canada do not have the VHR, I have been using the Status Checker Tool to update my account. The account update is immediate.
If it were me, I would go to the dealership and ask to speak to the manager and tell him that if they refuse to help you that you will take your business elsewhere. You are not anyone walking in off the street, you are their customer. Most dealerships make their $$ on providing services and not on sales.
Good luck.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

agreed!!...I am running version 3.0.2 right now. Sync My Ride is no help because the dealer didn't document the upgrade I got in May...it says the last update was 2.11 and that is when it was built a year ago!
My dealership tells me that the upgrade to 3.0.2 was a recall and because I have that I can't get the updates 3.2.2 or 3.5.1 because there would be "performance issues."
He basically told me that Ford does not want everyone walking off the street asking for updates and that there needs to be a problem before it's updated.
I even had Ford Customer Service call my dealership with instructions on what update I needed etc. The service manager still claims it does not apply to me. Blah, Blah, Blah...

Just tell them you are having problems pairing your phone. This new update supersedes all other updates. Even the 11a01,11a02,11a03 recalls supersede to the new version. Every new vehicle with mft is on a stop hold until the update is performed. Obviously every other vehicle needs it also.

Wow.. the 3.5.1 update significantly improves performance and reliability. MFT has not rebooted once since I installed it early last week. You can always claim there is a problem with MFT. Tell your service department it reboots regularly while you are driving, and runs really slow. They HAVE to perform the TSB based on those concerns.

You can also get Rebecca, or Cory/Gina involved if your dealer still refuses to do the update for you.

Had the update done today. Can't really say that I've notice much of a difference except for a few buttons that were moved. I never had the rebooting issue. I do see that I have Sirius Traffic Services again. Not sure why or for how long. Everything shows as 'Subscribed'. Weather is still only available for the U.S. Perhaps we get a free preview when this update is done.
The bill to Ford for the update was $147 (CDN). The only thing I had to do was pair the phone again.

Successfully updated my SYNC account with the new update version info.

Peter

Had the update done today. Can't really say that I've notice much of a difference except for a few buttons that were moved. I never had the rebooting issue. I do see that I have Sirius Traffic Services again. Not sure why or for how long. Everything shows as 'Subscribed'. Weather is still only available for the U.S. Perhaps we get a free preview when this update is done.
The bill to Ford for the update was $147 (CDN). The only thing I had to do was pair the phone again.

Peter

SiriusXm is running a free preview, started on the 14th and runs for about a week.

Upgrade

My car is going in Monday for some minor warranty work. I called today to ask if they could get the new nav. SD card in advance and was told they already have them and will take care of it Monday. It is amazing to me the customer service experience from dealer to dealer.....

They HAVE to perform the TSB based on those concerns.

Not necessarily. My dealer ordered a new APIM instead. Now I have an appointment next Wednesday to have it installed. I won't be very happy if I leave it there for a second time and still don't end up with 3.5.1.

Not necessarily. My dealer ordered a new APIM instead. Now I have an appointment next Wednesday to have it installed. I won't be very happy if I leave it there for a second time and still don't end up with 3.5.1.
All 2011-2013 Explorers will have to have update V3.5.1 carried out. Those currently on dealer lots will have to be updated before they are sold. All I had to do was call my dealer, they verified my VIN, ordered the A4 SD card and today they completed the update. No hassles, no questions. Came home and updated the info on SMR and it now shows V3.5.1 installed.

Peter

If they do an update to your new replacement APIM and it's not v3.5.1 then they clearly don't know what they are doing.

Engaging Ford CS on this Forum and changing dealers would be the next move.

All 2011-2013 Explorers will have to have update V3.5.1 carried out. Those currently on dealer lots will have to be updated before they are sold. All I had to do was call my dealer, they verified my VIN, ordered the A4 SD card and today they completed the update. No hassles, no questions. Came home and updated the info on SMR and it now shows V3.5.1 installed.

Peter

I got my 3.5.1 update today but my Syncmyride still displays

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2

I try to use the SYNC Status Checker Tool but it does work.

anyone has any idea?

Had mine upgraded to 3.5.1 yesterday. So far so good.

Davelle88 run a system check from your car and then check your sync site !

I got my 3.5.1 update today but my Syncmyride still displays

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2

I try to use the SYNC Status Checker Tool but it does work.

anyone has any idea?
I have read here that running a Vehicle Health Reports is also supposed to work in updating your account on SMR.
As far as the Status Checker Tool not working, it is difficult to help in because I don't know where along the line you are having a problem is with it. Can you download the tool program onto a USB drive?

Peter

Can anyone with the 3.5.1 upgrade tell if it helps improve the handsfree voice quality (e.g. reduce the wind tunnel effect)?

Can anyone with the 3.5.1 upgrade tell if it helps improve the handsfree voice quality (e.g. reduce the wind tunnel effect)?

I've been told that it only slightly improves it but that the wind tunnel noise is still present.

nevermind, i see now its showing 3.5.1 thanks for all you guys help !!

I have read here that running a Vehicle Health Reports is also supposed to work in updating your account on SMR.
As far as the Status Checker Tool not working, it is difficult to help in because I don't know where along the line you are having a problem is with it. Can you download the tool program onto a USB drive?

Peter

Peter

as for the sync status checker tool. I was able to download it to an usb key.

I then stick it in the MFT but nothing occured. I see some light flashes really quick for a few sec on the usb key but thats all.

thanks

Peter

as for the sync status checker tool. I was able to download it to an usb key.

I then stick it in the MFT but nothing occured. I see some light flashes really quick for a few sec on the usb key but thats all.

thanks

Ya you have to go into the config screen on MFT and "Install Applications"

You actually hit install apps and then its shows the downloading of a file then says it completed.

Then you go back to your SMR account and plug in the USB

Ya you have to go into the config screen on MFT and "Install Applications"

You actually hit install apps and then its shows the downloading of a file then says it completed.

Then you go back to your SMR account and plug in the USB

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they do an update to your new replacement APIM and it's not v3.5.1 then they clearly don't know what they are doing.

Engaging Ford CS on this Forum and changing dealers would be the next move.

Yeah, I really don't have any doubt that they don't know what they're doing. Unfortunately, they're the only Ford dealer near me.

Back