New Mod? Range Rover Headlights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Mod? Range Rover Headlights

actually the finish is flawless on the tail lights... the picture sucks or it may have been dirty at the time... here better view of how it came out :
VHTOnlyOLIVETAILS.jpg

Oh yeah- weird camera stuff or dirt- they look really good! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how did yours turn out so shiny... mine look dull, almost flat black?

how did yours turn out so shiny... mine look dull, almost flat black?

temperature needs to be 70-80+

you need to be 6 inches away.

Even, thick coats. My tail lights are only 2 coats.

it didn't adhere well to my front lights at first, either.

Fix it up as good as you can, then clear, and wet sand the crap out.

If you got bad runs, wet sand them out first (carefully) but if u wetsand the headlights its ok just use 2500 grit paper to take out your scratches (with water)

Did you get everyting worked out?

bump, did you figure out how to do it? (forget his username)

hey did u spray them well they were on the cae still or did u take them off and spry them

ok thats what i was thinking about doin is it legel to spray ur head and tail lights

ok thats what i was thinking about doin is it legel to spray ur head and tail lights

the headlights are legal, and the tails vary from state to state.

As long as the reflectors can be seen at X distance in the tails, it's fine.

Thats why I use VHT niteshades, 90% of the light shines through.

o ok do uk what web site i can order it from and how much did u need for very thing u did

o ok do uk what web site i can order it from and how much did u need for very thing u did

just order off ebay, product called VHT Niteshades.

I just cut vinyl pieces around the lights, and then taped them on. (carefully).

You could use cardboard o something else probably.

Clean the headlights WELL before attempting to apply, this stuff doesnt want to adhere to the plastic on our headlights well without cleaning VERY well.

EXPOon24's

how do you get your HEADLIGHTS PAINTED like that ???? i want to do it really bad but idk how to ...

help some one out...

EXPOon24's

how do you get your HEADLIGHTS PAINTED like that ???? i want to do it really bad but idk how to ...

help some one out...

I taped off the circles carefully (you can use cut-outs if you want) and then used a product called VHT Niteshades. Instructions are on the first page. Make 2 thick coats, inVERY warm weather, about 6-7 inches away from the light while spraying.

CLEAN VERY well, as the plastic is tricky to get the paint to adhere to if it isn't perfectly clean.

Haha no that was me with the letters across the grill... but it would look sick on your ex as well
SSPX0561.jpg

hi i was wondering where you got the letters from it looks really good id like to do it to my 05 explorer also how does it hold up to the weather?

I believe he totalled his Ex but I just did it to mine and its holding up great. The letters are off the side of my EX(I debadged my Ex) and used 3m out door mounting tape here is a picture

DSCN0995.jpg

I believe he totalled his Ex but I just did it to mine and its holding up great. The letters are off the side of my EX(I debadged my Ex) and used 3m out door mounting tape here is a picture

DSCN0995.jpg

look real good thanks i think ill just go buy a badge off ebay and throw it on mine also why do you have square mirrors are they off of an 06?

Yep I have the tail lights and mirrors off a 4th gen explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back